Rate the Last Movie you saw.

Captain America: Civil War (in 3D)

8.5/10

Hard to beat a movie where a guy with a shield beats up Ironman.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Captain America: Civil War. First CA movie I've seen, loved Spider-Man, can't wait for Homecoming, Aunt May looks more like Peter's older sister (could also have been Mary Jane). Defiantly a must watch if you've been enjoying Marvel lately.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Star Wars The Force Awakens : 7/10

Overall it's a pretty enjoyable movie. The set pieces are really well done(except for the ending which did too much navel gazing IMO) and the fighting was extremely visceral and cathartic. But there are some problems.

Out of all the character's I wanted see more of was Poe Dameron who was completely robbed of screentime IMO. If I was given the option of going with either Poe or Finn I would go with Poe because he's highly entertaining and would keep the energy going. Finn on the other hand is a complete dork(In his defense Stormtroppers are complete dorks. But that doesn't make me want to care for them either.) Rey is very British, Kylo Ren in particular is rather disappointing. I really wish they didn't go with the most obvious route to portray the dark side. I prefer to think of dark siders as Meth addicts rather than broody angsty teenagers and Kylo Ren is exactly that except he wants to be Snape from the Harry Potter films. I guess he is just like his grandpa in that regard. :roll:

VII was heavily influenced by Episodes IV and V but I sorta expected it to be. IV and V's presence in the movie wasn't overbearing enough for me to complain about it either.

Now onto the nitpicks. Be warned as my complaints are pretty extensive.

Why are Poe and Finn immediately buddy buddy? If I were Poe I would've gunned down Finn as soon as I had the chance just to be on the safe side. Rebels have killed Stormtroopers before so why is Finn different in this case? Poe could just be gullible I suppose. But for all Poe knew Finn could've just been a reckless bloodthirsty Stormtrooper trying to sneak in a kill after battle. I would've assumed that more then I would've assumed Finn to hate what the 1st order was doing and genuinely wanting to help me. The Rebels and the 1st Order were killing eachother so if Poe was this gullible he would've been dead by now.

Why didn't Poe and Finn try to detach the power/fuel line from the Tie Fighter first before attempting to hijack it? The power/fuel could've had a locking mechanism but Finn probably would've known how to dislodge it since his background appears to be technical rather then martial due to his inexperience during the first battle scene.

Why was Luke being so cryptic as to his whereabouts when R2-D2 was what ultimately figured out where he was? BB 8 only had one part of the map and from that part alone the Rebels couldn't figure out where Luke was. Wouldn't have Luke just taken R2-D2 with him since R2-D2's a pretty glaring security issue? If Luke wanted to let the Rebels know where he was going why didn't he just tell Leia? If Leia was captured by the 1st Order they would be pretty screwed regardless since she's the head of the Rebels. They haven't got much to lose if that was the case.

Why didn't Rey try to disguise herself as a Stormtropper instead of running around the base like an idiot? She had control over the one Stormtropper and there were women Stormtroppers so the women's stormtrooper outfits would've most likely have fit her. Unless the women Stormtroppers were more muscular then her which could be the case. But honestly it's impossible to tell. Still it would been better for her to wear clothes that were slightly too big for her then go out in the open unchanged. Considering how many elements from episode IV were present in episode VII I'm surprised the omitted the part where Luke and Han dressed up as Stormtroopers.

Why does Luke's Lightsaber judge people based on their character now? Lightsabers are only tools of the Jedi. There has never been a case where Jedi has radiated their power over to their Lightsaber and the Lightsaber in turn was given personality similar to it's master. Since Kylo Ren is much more adept in the force than Rey is so Luke's Lightsaber should've landed in his hand and not her's. Unless he did a pretty sloppy force pull and it just so happened to land in her hands. But Kylo Ren hasn't exerted his energy by this point so there's no reason for him to do so. He literally put no effort into taking Finn down and he clearly had plenty of energy to keep fighting with Rey.

With that being said these nitpicks didn't really detract from my overall enjoyment. But they were pretty noticeable from the perspective of a Star Wars nut like myself.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Not really a movie but Rick and Morty is a very fantastic show that I've binged recently.

Rick and Morty has this incredibly morbid and absurd that should feel familiar to everyone who enjoys Ross's content. The show's sci-fi concepts are creative, humor's top-notch and the writing is ingenious. 9/10

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

The Martian 9.9/10

London Has Fallen 7.8/10

Gods of Egypt 7.2/10

Idiocracy - 5/10

I was quite disappointed by this one, it only got a chuckle out of me maybe two or three times. I still think that the idea for the movie is excellent, but it could have been so much better.

Idiocracy - 5/10

I was quite disappointed by this one, it only got a chuckle out of me maybe two or three times. I still think that the idea for the movie is excellent, but it could have been so much better.

That's exactly what I thought. I must have lost some IQ points watching it, I didn't care for the plot, the style, the acting, the actors, the jokes. There were some memorable parts and the idea was good, but the execution was definitely not to my tastes. But perhaps that was the director's purpose; not to appeal to the beautiful aesthetics and make it as annoying and irritating to watch.

WarCraft: The Movie

I admit: I was thrilled when I saw it and thought it was awesome. Then the hype died off after some time, and I noticed quite a bit of faults in the movie (including the romance and appearance of some orcs), but despite that, I'd say I still enjoyed the movie anyway. And the gryphon is awesome too. Thank god Uwe Boll was declined by Blizzard.

8/10, but if I wasn't familiar with the WarCraft universe somehow, I'd rate it 7/10 instead.

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Star Trek Beyond 99.999/100 (they had to limit Chekhov's appearances for obvious reasons, and that sucked in so many ways, but all else was cool)

The Secret Life of Pets 9/10 (they picked a LOT of really good standup comedians to do the voices, and they did an excellent job IMO)

The Secret Life of Pets 9/10 (they picked a LOT of really good standup comedians to do the voices, and they did an excellent job IMO)

At copying Toy Story, and part of Toy Story 2...

OT: The Las- wait, you're telling me it's not a movie?! You sure? But, I mea- Okay...

Equestria Girls Friendship Games: 9/10. Best of the trilogy, it feels like the shortest. Dunno if it is, but it's still great.

The Killing Joke (in theaters)

10/10, 4/4, 1000/1000, perfect/movie.

Suicide Squad

The critics have not been kind to the movie. Personally I don't agree. Yes, the pacing is a bit off at times. Yes, some characters could have been more fleshed out(really hard to do though, when you have such a big cast of main characters). Yes, the second half gets a bit predictable. BUT, the tone of the movie was exactly what I though it would be: stylized, darkish, and rather comedic. Which was lovely. All the actors/characters you thought were going to be great were great: Will Smith was Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie was a perfect Harley Quinn, Jared Leto was a great joker(Heath Ledger worthy) and even Jai Courtney was good. The way Enchantress was put on screen is also worth mentioning. Her visual effects, the way she moved and sounded is damn great.

All in all, the movie was exactly what I was expected. And I expected a good movie. Not ground breaking, but definitely worth watching.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

suicide squad gets a solid good movie/10

the name's riley

Is Suicide Squad at all similar to Guardians of The Galaxy or is it it's own thing? I saw the announcement trailer for Suicide Squad not too long after I saw Guardians of the Galaxy and I've been skeptical ever since. Judging purely by the trailer it looked like DC was trying to ride off of coattails of Guardians of The Galaxy. Don't get me wrong Guardians of the Galaxy is a good movie but the last thing I want to see was another movie just like it. I hate it when movies copy each other.

It's somewhat similar but not the same thing. For starters the GotG team is a team of anti-heroes rather than a team of villains. Which is a big difference. The tone of the movie is also different. GotG is way more lighthearted/comedic than Suicide Squad. SS is funny, yes. But it definitely also has a darker side.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's somewhat similar but not the same thing. For starters the GotG team is a team of anti-heroes rather than a team of villains. Which is a big difference. The tone of the movie is also different. GotG is way more lighthearted/comedic than Suicide Squad. SS is funny, yes. But it definitely also has a darker side.

I don't know if I'd like it then, all I'll be thinking about while watching Suicide Squad is how it compares to Guardians of the Galaxy. I really didn't want that because I won't be able to view Suicide Squad as it's own thing and thus it will be competing with Guardians of the Galaxy in my head. Guardians of the Galaxy was the only Marvel film I could say I legitimately enjoyed so Suicide Squad's got some major boots to fill.

Mad Max 6/10

I liked it

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior 7/10

I liked it even more

Mad Max 3: Beyond thunderdome

As a Mad Max movie, it gets 3/10

As an Indiana Jones movie, it gets 7/10

Mad Max: Fury Road 7/10

I rewatched this, and its still great.

Star Trek: Beyond 2/10

This wasnt even a train wreck that I wanted to look at (and it never ended either).

It felt like a really badly written fan fiction by a child, seriously.

I will say, though, that the scenes between Bones and Spock were GREAT.

Trainspotting 7/10

Fight Club and Requiem for a dream mixed into one movie, with a little bit of Snatch.

"Life sucks sober!"