Rate the Last Movie you saw.

Modern CAMs aren't shaky... They use tripods and motion compensation technologies now. Of course, there's always the issue of having someone seated in front of you moving their head in the way. (this CAM had that issue)

My 2 main issues are the contrast, (it's always way overblown, blacks and greys become the same pitch black) and sound quality. (usually it's mono expanded to stereo, and almost always badly done)

I was referring to older CAMS. I've had a few in the past that are shaky at times. This was around a decade ago when a friend gave my dad a few DVDs of movies he recorded. It wasn't a pleasant experience. The audio was muffled at times, and the camera moves every now and then. (he couldn't bring a tripod, so he tried balancing the camera on the armrest) I have yet to watch a modern CAM rip, but I can give it a try someday.

Welp, now what?

For a good representation of the average modern CAM, get the new Star Wars CAM. It'll give you a good idea of what's going on nowadays. (armresting days are long gone) For the most part, you'll get CAMs that have decent video, and a separately recorded audio track that is properly synced to the video. (usually makes for a better experience, but I don't get why they don't have anyone that uses wireless LAV mics recording on either side of the theater, and just mix the audio afterwards)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I just got back from Star Wars 7. I'm glad I don't have to worry about spoilers now. ;) Speaking of spoilers, here are the major ones (in the spoiler tag)--Warning: These are BIG SPOILERS. I'll give my rating afterwards:

I always like to start off my reviews with the biggest complaint first: I did not like that they killed Han Solo. I understand Harrison Ford is getting on in years and they probably did it that way so he doesn't have to be a character in the sequels, but I wish he could've survived and went off gallivanting about the galaxy as a smuggler, parting ways amiably.

Second complaint: It was very much J.J. Abramized. There was too much action going on without enough character development. The characters of Rey and Finn barely had enough breathing room to develop their characters. When Finn was struck down by Kylo Ren, it was a bit hard to get any emotional attachment to the character. The development of Rey's force powers seem to have completely come out of left field. She was a 'normie' until suddenly, she's seeing visions after touching Luke's lightsaber and doing Jedi mindtricks. They should've developed her foray into the Force a bit more gradually. Maybe some exposition about her unknowingly using the Force in the past, or something.

Third and the most minor complaint: I didn't really think they did the ending that well. What I would've done is have Rey speak with Leia about finding Luke, and then end with Rey taking off and leaving Leia standing to watch the departing Falcon, swelling orchestral music. Falcon zipping out into hyperspace. Iris-out. Credits. Then movie two could begin with Rey climbing up the mountain and looking down to Chewie and R2, then approaching Luke and handing over the lightsaber. The way they did in the movie seemed to drag on a bit too long. She must've been holding that lightsaber out there for a solid minute of screen time, to show the various reaction shots, then the drone-camera shot spinning around them both.

Now, onto the goodies! I'm so glad they had the characters from the original films in there. It was nice to see Han and Leia back together, even if bittersweet. C3PO is his old annoyingly prissy self in this--I loved it! I liked BB-8 a lot more than I thought I would. The backstory they gave for why Luke went into isolation was a great callback to both the EU books and the original trilogy about Luke not fully completing his training. Andy Serkis as Snoke was perfect (once again). Kylo Ren is a good baddie, though could use some training to become Darth Vader bad. Rey is super-hot in this movie. ;) I loved the development they had with Finn and the character I liked the most was Maz Kanata, the alien woman with the lens goggles that speaks about Luke's lightsaber. I do hope we see more from her.

An applause moment for me was when Poe was brought on board the First Order's Star Destroyer, there was a little droid which I like to call the "I Like Chicken Droid". It's the tiny car droids that go around making chirping noises that sound like "I Like Chicken". After researching, I've found they're called MSE series repair droids (or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLqNmMH4hsg). When I heard the "I Like Chicken" chirps in the new movie, I applauded. It was a nice little touch. And the inclusion of a Wilhelm scream at the beginning was great!

I loved all the practical effects rather than CG-ing everything as well. I'm excited to see what they do next!

I would give the movie a solid 8/10.

I want to watch Episode VII tomorrow, but because of an annual local film festival, all theatres will show just the film festival's entries until New Year's Day. That means I have two options: Wait 'til the end of the holidays to watch The Force Awakens or go to the theatre tomorrow and watch movies featured for a "film festival" full of bland actors, cheesy pickup lines, more product placements than Foodfight, and half-assed writing.

Welp, now what?

I want to watch Episode VII tomorrow, but because of an annual local film festival, all theatres will show just the film festival's entries until New Year's Day. That means I have two options: Wait 'til the end of the holidays to watch The Force Awakens or go to the theatre tomorrow and watch movies featured for a "film festival" full of bland actors, cheesy pickup lines, more product placements than Foodfight, and half-assed writing.

I suggest you wait for it to come to torrents.

In spirit of christmas i watched the original die hard. 10/10 for a christmas movie!

Die Hard series watchthrough is a family tradition in my house... Been doing it nigh on a decade now.

In spirit of christmas i watched the original die hard. 10/10 for a christmas movie!

Die Hard series watchthrough is a family tradition in my house... Been doing it nigh on a decade now.

Our christmas movie is Inglorious Basterds (for some reason) which just seems to get better everytime I see it.

I also watched Frozen today (for the first time) and it was good! 7/10 probably. (my little sister has wanted me to see this for so long, so I finally had to)

I really enjoyed how they mixed the movie up, with alot of going back and forth. Humor was spot-on pixar, music was great, and the movie just had a great feeling to it. :)

"Life sucks sober!"

Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World

4/10

Good fx but horrible writing and characters

but uh you cant uh forget ud dr ian uh malcom played uh by jeff uh gold uh blum

and btw they were going to make World be JP IV and be on another island called Site: C and was going to involve Vince Vaughns Character

OT: Daylight: 7/10

still stands up to this day

great disaster film by Rob Cohen with Stallone and his son Sage in it as well as Amy Brennaman, and it has some tones of real life things that could occur

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Iorn Sky

9/10 best spiritual successor to Dr. Strangelove there ever was.

Sarah Palin is president, and there are Nazi's on the moon.

Oh, the Force is really strong with this one! :D

I love it. They've just finished photography for the sequel, by the way...

Regards

Yep, Force Awakens, finally. I'm not going to go into details, as I'm still digesting it. But I am very pleased with the result.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I saw the hateful eight in theatres on new years eve and it was awesome 10/10

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."