Rate the Last Movie you saw.

Kingsmen: The Golden Circle

I give it a 2/10, 3/10 if I'm being generous.

While entertaining enough while watching, with a good cast and visually nice, it has a couple good moments. The moment you stop to think about anything that happens in this film, the whole plot and why anything in particular happens, collapses.

95% of the plot and writing explanations can be summed up as: "Just go with it." or "Because the plot says so." or "We're just doing it for a goof.".

IDK, maybe I'm not the target fanbase, I thought the film sucked.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

Saw American Made in theatres on release. I'd give it a solid 7/10, though that may be a little generous. I enjoyed it.

There are four lights!

My Little Pony: The Movie gets 10/10.

unsurprising

i kind of want to see it but it's mostly the pirate bird lady that's driving me

the name's riley

Blade Runner 2049

10/10

I enjoyed it thoroughly, but it could've trimmed some fat around the sides. Not sure it's possible for anything for a Blade Runner though... maybe cutting down the establishing shots would denature it into something less enthralling?

7/10 for both movies. They have flaws.. but their flaws are insoluble parts of their character.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

The Pawnbroker (1964)

10/10, That's the farthest thing from a generous score. If I could go higher, I would.

Relentlessly downbeat, absolutely excruciating to watch. The very essence of this film is of pain and desolation. I wouldn't watch it more than once in too soon a time, but for all the right reasons.

There are four lights!

Blade Runner 2049

10/10

I enjoyed it thoroughly, but it could've trimmed some fat around the sides. Not sure it's possible for anything for a Blade Runner though... maybe cutting down the establishing shots would denature it into something less enthralling?

7/10 for both movies. They have flaws.. but their flaws are insoluble parts of their character.

Am I weird for thinking it was absolutely perfectly paced?

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I found the new Blade Runner to be very good, but I felt like the entire film was buildup and plot to something else. It seemed to end right before the climax.

8/10

There are four lights!

Blade Runner 2049

10/10

Am I weird for thinking it was absolutely perfectly paced?

Too be fair, I downed a few beers before the showing because I thought it was going to be typical, run-off the mill blockbuster nonsense ( I got thrown out of Into Darkness for laughing too hard.. more than one way to enjoy things, I guess). I knew that what I was watching was good, but my handicapped brain was still dozing off at times.

Might agree with your score if I see it without liq, haven't had the chance for a second viewing yet.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Jigsaw (Or Saw 8)

2/10

There is very little redeeming in this film for anyone who is a fan of the older films in the series. Maybe if you're completely new to the series you might appreciate it more, but this film isn't really made for people who are new to the series either.

Its not strictly a reboot, but nor is it strictly a direct continuation.

Dialogue sucks ass, the police characters are mostly generic and boring (not to mention having behaviour that's very unrealistic in terms of who they discuss cases with BTW), the traps IMO were nothing all that imaginative baring one or two instances (and even then, I find tons of other traps in other films far more creative or symbolically inventive), the plot twists can be seen a mile away, and nothing much is done to advance the series at all in any meaningful way. Half of the traps also rely on complete luck to activate correctly in many cases more than any other time in the whole damn series. I also didn't like the aesthetic, Saw is iconic for the grungy aesthetic its used for so many films, guess what? Its gone, the whole thing looks WAY too clean to be a Saw film (especially the traps, but to say why I think it makes no sense would be a spoiler).

Plus overall the writing is VERY dumb for a Saw film. Yea, yea, #7 was dumb and other points in the series have had dumb moments, but there hasn't really been any film in the series where overall the whole plot summed up just comes across as completely stupid in almost every respect. As a fan, you'd be pissed for all the missed writing opportunities and left wondering what the hell the writers were thinking with what they did decide to go with.

Only redeeming factors:

1- How they brought Tobin Bell back was actually smarter than I thought it was gonna be, and is actually not that mind-boggling when you find out why. May not make the most sense, but its not bad at all (Too bad the make-up guys couldn't replicate the face he had in the earlier films, but oh well, that's the least of the film's problems)

2- The female mortician was very pretty to look at. (Srry, guy here, gotta find something to appreciate in this film)

3- The different versions of the Hello Zep theme were all pretty nice IMO.

Problem is, those are all minor points for the film, hence why I score it so low. The ending is especially bad, especially for a series that basically made it a staple to leave the ending on a note which people wouldn't expect and yet made sense when reflected on it.

Vae Victus-Brennus

Jigsaw (Or Saw 8)

2/10

There is very little redeeming in this film for anyone who is a fan of the older films in the series. Maybe if you're completely new to the series you might appreciate it more, but this film isn't really made for people who are new to the series either.

[snip]

What else do you expect from a Saw movie? The series has been a snorefest from the beginning.

There are four lights!

Dunno if this counts as a movie, but NARCOS in total gets a solid 9/10 from me for being (reasonably) historically accurate, telling historical facts in a compelling and entertaining manner, and for RIGHT WING VIGILANTE ANTI-COMMUNIST DEATH SQUAD called the PEPES!!

948b0b5c8f51c3c9a983b8f70acca05acd1bb41f_128.jpg03e519a94fca3f98a6bb2a3ebe5c0dda--los-pepes-rap.jpg

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

Jigsaw (Or Saw 8)

2/10

[snip]

What else do you expect from a Saw movie? The series has been a snorefest from the beginning.

Eh, IDK I really enjoyed some of them, and found many of the trap ideas interesting. I will admit though, some of them have sucked hard.

Anyway, I got new one:

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

3/10.

I'm not kidding. I hated this film's writing. Its way too long of a film for a story that doesn't need such a length, that gives us basically no answers to much of anything that was raised in Episode 7 if it doesn't outright murder those potential answers right in front of us, its characters are almost all stupid/hot-headed/or incompetent, the overall crux of the conflict or problem the characters need to overcome as well as how they do it is stupid when analyzed, and overall it just sapped any enthusiasm I may have had to see Ep. 9.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few visually stunning moments, some epic moments and homages, a few funny moments, and even some cute moments, but they amount to so little when compared to the massive holes that have been left shot through the plot of this trilogy now that I have no hope they'll ever be fixed adequately in the next film and the overall number of just plain dumb story decisions that I think will cripple this trilogy.

I paid to see it on cheap night, and I'd rather re-watch the prequels. Seriously, fuck the new Star Wars trilogy. The writers don't give a damn anymore, so why should we?

Vae Victus-Brennus

I paid to see it on cheap night, and I'd rather re-watch the prequels. Seriously, fuck the new Star Wars trilogy. The writers don't give a damn anymore, so why should we?

The Prequels weren't that bad to be honest. In fact all of them are good in their own ways, despite the bad character writing. And compared to the Nue Star Wars, they look like golden plated tits.

The fact that Disney cancelled the entire Star Wars expanded universe for this nonsense is the worst sin for me.

KYLE KATARN STOLE THE DEATH STAR PLANS, Not some poopy haired broad who could have been played by a man and have still come off the same.

2857730-44399-149150-df15jpg-620x.jpg

Also Dash Rendar is better than Han Solo

dash-1401-bff483ef-06c7-4f34-9c9e-e2fd554f40e7.png

The Prequels weren't that bad to be honest. In fact all of them are good in their own ways, despite the bad character writing. And compared to the Nue Star Wars, they look like golden plated tits.

The fact that Disney cancelled the entire Star Wars expanded universe for this nonsense is the worst sin for me.

Yeah, I'm not bashing the prequels at all I think they're enjoyable enough on their own, just not the best.

I mean, I didn't like the idea that they decanonized the EU, but I figured: "Okay, if they want to make their situation less complicated and do their own thing, fine. So long as its good and they respect what they do keep." Unfortunately all we've gotten so far are lesser imitations of better story lines and characters, and just plain nothing that's as interesting as what was originally put there in the EU, meanwhile they try us sell us it like the EU never existed which is more insulting.

Hell, one example I can point out immediately from my knowledge is that Kylo Ren stole Darth Revan's Helmet design. Its not exactly the same, but its pretty damn close, and it doesn't help to make this kid related in any way to Darth Revan with how mediocre of a Non-Sith wannabe he is.

Vae Victus-Brennus

Hell, one example I can point out immediately from my knowledge is that Kylo Ren stole Darth Revan's Helmet design. Its not exactly the same, but its pretty damn close, and it doesn't help to make this kid related in any way to Darth Revan with how mediocre of a Non-Sith wannabe he is.

Oh yeah, the fact that Kylo Ren pretty much IS a Darth Reven ripoff (without even a cool "Darth" name) just added insult to injury.

The one thing I did like about him though was that he wanted to be Darth Vader so much, and like even Rey said "You will never be as strong as Darth Vader" which is like the writers admitting "Hey our characters suck"