Post what you're doing right now

Don't see how 169 is a threat to a space-faring, galaxy-spanning deity.

True. 807.

Another thing that won't work on the elder god. Immunity to mind-affecting, poison and disease. Even if it did, 807 would only kill one body then be obliterated.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Another thing that won't work on the elder god. Immunity to mind-affecting, poison and disease. Even if it did, 807 would only kill one body then be obliterated.

This is a lot more difficult then I imagined, but fun too! 910.

Again, useless. Immunity covers this already, and if it doesn't you're just making an already immortal deity even more immortal.

Again, useless. Immunity covers this already, and if it doesn't you're just making an already immortal deity even more immortal.

*facepalm* That was probably the stupidest thing I could have used. 1548.

This is sad, twisted and evil, but I fail to see how it would affect a creature billions of years old. And it would last all of a second against the elder god.

WHOOPS. I had a typo, I searched 1458.

And since the elder god spans the entire galaxy, it could simply avoid the pulsar until it eventually died, as all things do. There's also no proof 1548 is actually a pulsar, or so far away, it could easily be an illusion by a mind affecting creature. Maybe 343.

Did you read the description? If you did, you wouldn't have said that.

Well as long as it has no way of regenerating health it will die eventually. Might take a very long time though.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

And since the elder god spans the entire galaxy, it could simply avoid the pulsar until it eventually died, as all things do. There's also no proof 1548 is actually a pulsar, or so far away, it could easily be an illusion by a mind affecting creature. Maybe 343.

I doubt 1548 is an illusion, but it could burn out within a few thousand years. 435.

There's also the option into making it destroy itself.

Except it's an insane Eldritch horror which is immune to memetic and cognito hazards. 435

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"the conversion from a single mind in a single body to the massive hivemind with endless bodies has slowly driven it insane, and despite not being able to grow any larger or develop new powers anymore since its mind could not withstand another great schism, it wants to keep growing more powerful and it is still fairly clever about it despite its mind's lack of integrity and massive burden on that mind dragging it down"

Something to do with that.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Yeah, have fun with that fiasco of a plan. It's not like you're the first, or second, or nine hundred thousanth to try it. It's still there, and it's stable enough to keep itself alive. For the most part, what's gone is its memory.

And Pest179, that thing isn't a threat. It can't even move, the elder god will stay the hell away from it like it would (and does) a black hole or exploding star. Even if it screws up, it won't lose much to it. It might even just move SCP-435-1 to the surface of Mercury and forget about it.

And I NEED to get this work done, so I'm going to have to put this on hold, okay?

And I NEED to get this work done, so I'm going to have to put this on hold, okay?

Okay, but I am going to search some more, just let us know when I can start pelting the Elder God with softballs. :mrgreen:

How about SCP-2068? All it has to do is come in contact with a single "body" to be able to begin infecting the entire hive.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Infection doesn't apply to the elder god. Especially since it's a space-faring entity to begin with, its bodies self-destruct upon death, and it's immune to both disease and poison as it actually engages in continuous self-repair. Any infection could not occur as it instantly eradicates foreign substances with force damage, and even if a host could be infected it would purge the infection very quickly then repair the damage and un-do any changes in very little time. Even if one of them did die, it could not infect the others as it doesn't respirate or otherwise eject matter from itself, the others can assist it in purging foreign entities, and should one die it disintegrates itself through force damage upon death to prevent anything from being done with the body, and the disintegration is pretty intense. This thing has been around the galaxy for a billion years, encountered more infectious organisms than anybody cares to count, defeated them all and made its defences immune to them and everything that functions even kindof remotely like them. It can't be defeated through infection.

(For the record, force damage is a kind of magical damage that is basically "everything, all at once". It crushes, cuts, grinds, stretches, impacts, punctures, vibrates, super-heats, super-cools, electrifies, irradiates, ionizes both positively and negatively and changes ph both positively and negatively, all of these rapidly alternating in different sections of the impacted area. Nothing destroys matter more thoroughly than force damage, and it's extremely difficult to defend against. The only downside is it's energy-intensive, and that's not a problem when self-destructing.)

What if you threw it into a black hole?

I think it's both too big to throw and can avoid or escape black holes. 001 (clef's proposal).