Vent

Despite carefully monitoring the bed temperature, cleaning the extruder gear, eliminating as much friction as possible along the filament's path and even buying a new nozzle, the bloody printer still finds a way to jam. And halfway through the print, too.

I see everything.

So, an original MLP animation gets taken down by Hasbro and due to the gruesome and shocking nature of the video, and the collective response on this other forum I go to seems to be "good riddance"

The same fucking people who whined and complained about numerous C&D claims against other original MLP-related content, the same fucking people who create mediocre content of the same caliber on a regular basis.

Youtube is going through a fucking shitstorm right now because of unfair copyright claims for content that falls perfectly under fair use, but because the bronies don't like content that hurts their feelings, it's not getting the same defense?

I need to stop being so damned surprised when people are so damned stupid

Why defend something you hate? Doesn't matter if it falls under fair use or if you think they're being hypocritical. People generally wont defend something they hate.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

gruesome and shocking MLP video

What level are we talking here? Something that wouldn't get taken down if it wasn't MLP-based?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Mortal Kombat X level of gruesome and shocking, but made even worse because of it being MLP based.

So, an original MLP animation gets taken down by Hasbro and due to the gruesome and shocking nature of the video, and the collective response on this other forum I go to seems to be "good riddance"

The same fucking people who whined and complained about numerous C&D claims against other original MLP-related content, the same fucking people who create mediocre content of the same caliber on a regular basis.

Youtube is going through a fucking shitstorm right now because of unfair copyright claims for content that falls perfectly under fair use, but because the bronies don't like content that hurts their feelings, it's not getting the same defense?

I need to stop being so damned surprised when people are so damned stupid

Why defend something you hate? Doesn't matter if it falls under fair use or if you think they're being hypocritical. People generally wont defend something they hate.

I think it's part-and-parcel of having a courteous consensus regarding subjective taste. Whilst I broadly agree with Username's point regarding the hypocrisy and apparent demonstration of "double standards", I think the point you made about folks not defending one franchise over another is somewhat different to disliking or disagreeing with more abstract beliefs and opinions. I think what Username was recommending as a preferable attitude would be to say "I defend your right to appropriate material, even if we don't have the same taste in sources or fandoms", as opposed to the kind of conduct he described in his initial post. When the situation is presented in the manner Username has chosen to do, it does seem difficult to justify Youtuber's contradictions.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

So, I got GTA 5 for PC, (2nd playthrough in total), early on while playing, computer shuts down. I avoid playing the game for a little while, while seeing what's a potential cause of this. I try different things, and one day, I launch the game again, and everything seems fine. A month goes by, without any issues, it shuts down again. I get a new video card (GTX 950), and this time I'm Playing Arkham Knight, Matter of Family DLC. 20 minutes into it, computer shuts down. I try other games, TF2 seems fine, Black Mesa seems fine, Shattered Dimensions, Fallout 4 see- nope, shuts down. I get a new PSU, thinking that was the problem. Takes a few days to get here (cut to tonight), install it, and I test Arkham Knight. Shuts down after 20 minutes of game time. Now I'm thinking (after a bit more searching) that I need to update my drivers, makes sense, got a new driver after all. Update the drivers, boot up Arkham Knight again. Playing for an hour, hour an half, seems that was the case. Seems that fixed the prob-nope computer shuts down.

I've checked temps, everything seems fine, even when playing Arkham Knight. I'm afraid to try/play other games, I hate having to constantly boot up my computer.

For the record, we went back and forth on this for like an hour and you're still on this thing where the issue is with someone defending something

No, the issue is with someone attacking something that, if they liked the subject matter, they would fully defend.

the name's riley

Not to mention this nice blend of censorship and abuse of the Youtube copyright system.

Edit: So Dying Lights expansion-level DLC 'The Following' released a few days ago along with a new difficulty level called Nightmare Mode. It's clear to me that nobody on reddit has actually read the pop-up window about it being a "true test of skill" and "requiring stealth" before writing their complaints about the oceans of health all the enemies have and how that's counter-intuitive to good design. Of COURSE they're spongy. They're actively discouraging players from resorting to bashing your way through every problem by making the (previously)easiest choice of action non-viable.

Have none of them actually played around with the combat mechanics? You can kill entire hordes of enemies with nothing but the environment. Drop kick/grapple throw them off of ledges or into the bountiful amounts of spike traps around the world, or break a bone in their body and brutal kill them while stunned, or knock them on the ground and curb stomp. Hell, use the remains of the dead as a disguise and snap their necks! All of these are instant kills so health pools are irrelevant. The game has so many options for dealing with them, and frankly, I love it. I've never before actually ran away from a fight because 2 more zombies showed up, or had an internal debate about whether or not I wanted to loot a building because I didn't know if there was more than one way out. It's requiring I use everything the game has to offer and I wouldn't have it any other way honestly.

Man, if that game mode get's nerfed because people don't understand that stealth in this game isn't about melee killing them quieter, then I'm gonna be upset.

Retired Forum Moderator

^ A lot of gamers, I figure, aren't comfortable with game mechanics that aren't "Shoot your problems away".

Great, now my phone wont charge, no matter what I do. I'm leaving it off because it's below 20% battery life. Which really sucks, cause it's my only alarm system.

No, the issue is with someone attacking something that, if they liked the subject matter, they would fully defend.

The thing is, people do that all the time. People attack me just because they don't like MLP or because "it's for little kids/girls", yet they would listen to

q6oKjuvA55g

in a heartbeat.

Hell, I'm sure there are those who defended Doug Walker, when he lost monetization, but didn't defend IHateEverything, when he lost his channel, and vise versa.

You can't group a bunch of people together, and expect them to think/act the same.

Hell, I'm sure there are those who defended Doug Walker, when he lost monetization, but didn't defend IHateEverything, when he lost his channel, and vise versa.

This is exactly what I mean when I say you keep missing my point, it's astonishing how you've managed to totally ignore my point this many times

Picture this exact same scenario, only the people who defended Mr. Walker straight up said IHE deserved to have his channel taken down, that it should've happened sooner, and that it should never come back.

Even scarier to think about, he had enough trouble getting his channel back as is without a bunch of whiny pricks complaining that his channel should stay taken down.

Separate vent:

I'm sure I've said it before, but arguing with you is literally less productive than arguing with a brick wall

You spout ad hominems, red herrings, and straw men that aren't even topically relevant, expecting me to take them as substantial arguments, and you're stubborn as all fuck. You tell me I'm stubborn but fail to realize why I say you are. There has not been one instance where you've been right while arguing with me about an objective topic, and that's exactly why I tell you you're stubborn. What about subjective topics? Doesn't matter, your entire pattern is ignoring what I'm saying in the present and taking things I've said in the past out of context, and making my small and insignificant inconsistencies painfully clear. And yet I'm certain if I did the same to you I'd actually manage to get somewhere with you, since you seem to see minor, irrelevant inconsistencies as argumentatively valid. It's a wonder how I still waste my time with you, but I'll be glad once I let this poor habit go.

the name's riley

How the hell am I ignoring your point when I'm quoting the fucking thing?!?! If people defending Doug are saying "IHE's channel should have stayed down" and shit like that, they have every right to do so. Doesn't matter if it's hypocrisy, fair use, whatever. If they're attacking IHE's channel, odds are it's because they're not a fan of IHE. Doesn't matter if the channel's down or not. Remember when people attacked Doug Walker because "Nostalgia Critic is too similar to AVGN" and vise versa? Same concept here.

Yes, if people were fans of Smile HD, Cupcakes, and Derpy gets Pranked, they would want those videos back up. Same with Buttons Mash Adventures, IHE, Nostalgia Critic, Angry Joe, Freeman's Mind, Civil Protection, Red and Blue, whatever it is. Fans will fight for whatever it is they enjoy, to return. Yes, they will turn around, look at the things they hate, and wish they were gone, even if it's part of the fandom they're in.

Here's your point, and I quote:

Or in other words: Your issue is someone attacking something they don't like, yet if they liked it, they would defend it.

Here's my point, you know the thing you have been ignoring: People will fight for the things they enjoy (and want to return), and hate on the things they hate.

So tell me, how the hell am I ignoring your point?

Alright, alright, alright. We get it, you dislike each other. XP You two can either drop it or go 'outside' - aka: not here. XD

Also, you guys are using very confusing English. o.O Either that or I'm just dumb. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

-snip-

You were ignoring my point by constantly reinforcing this idea that I'm upset about people not defending something.

Now you at least acknowledge my point and show that you're fully supportive of shitty behavior, which means we can bring this to a close.

Don't act surprised if I'm upset because someone's hard work and effort, potentially their entire job are at risk because some people decide to be assholes.

Alright, alright, alright. We get it, you dislike each other. XP You two can either drop it or go 'outside' - aka: not here. XD

Also, you guys are using very confusing English. o.O Either that or I'm just dumb. X3

This thread exists for me to get my frustrations out of the way, if I have to defend what I'm frustrated about and it's within the rules, I think I have every right to.

the name's riley

Vents are okay - unless you're actually venting against someone. Saying "It's a wonder how I still waste my time with you" is really not something I want to see in the vent thread towards another user.

"I'm sure I've said it before, but arguing with you is literally less productive than arguing with a brick wall"

Putting these in a spoiler doesn't make them invisible to me or anyone else. :P If your vent causes someone to be upset or angry, then don't vent it here. Just go hit a pillow a few times or something. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Both points are kind of valid - as discussed in the "Why are people so defensive about music?" and "Gamer Culture" threads, fans of a franchise can and will defend that franchise's integrity (or - their perceptions of integrity e.g. a cartoon being innocent and fun).

And, investing much time and effort into a creation - an animation, machinima, etc. only to have it bomb/be harshly criticised/be shut down etc. sucks greatly. This is partly why I'm not going full-throttle into my own planned series. I don't want it to be a complete waste of time.

But aye, this is not a thread for arguments and fights. Take that elsewhere.

I hate the human species.

This very thread is a testament to why I hate the species. So many people with so many problems, different opinions, thoughts, dislikes, frustrations, it gets to be overwhelming at times. Over the course of my life I've come to accept nihilism and misanthropy out of my hatred and contempt for almost everything this species has come to create, destroy, and do everything in between.

I hate the human species.

This very thread is a testament to why I hate the species. So many people with so many problems, different opinions, thoughts, dislikes, frustrations, it gets to be overwhelming at times. Over the course of my life I've come to accept nihilism and misanthropy out of my hatred and contempt for almost everything this species has come to create, destroy, and do everything in between.

I can empathize with you're going through. I myself have hated many things over the course of many years. But I've stewed so long in my hatred of many things I've grown kinda content because of it. I know this might sound strange but I now love to hate. I love using a combination of hatred, nihilism, apathy, misanthropy in my rhetoric when I speak/write. This is something that I've found rather amusing and when I come across something particularly witty in my head it's like feeling the gears revolve inside of it. That feeling is catharsis in it's purest form. Also my type of hatred isn't straight forward. When I really hate something I write what's basically a long essay with hatred, nihilism, apathy and misanthropy sprinkled in for good measure. This provides me with a well-written article with which I feel content that I have made.

See if you can focus your anger and hatred into producing something tangible and malleable. Focus it into a rhetorical weapon with which you can stab the things you hate. You might find some enjoyment with it like I have. This has given me an a aspect of purpose that I've never considered previously. I feel that my work was worthwhile in producing in of itself and that my work holds weight in my mind. A weight that I needed in my life.

Use your aggressive feelings boy, let the hate flow through you"

2Oy6DwHAi70

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Holy shit razer mice are garbage. 80 dollars in price, 80 too much. This thing is like 5 weeks old and it's already failing, just like the last 3, thank god I had it on a warranty from all those years ago and only had to pay it once. Time to go to Best Buy AGAIN and swap it out for a new one. I can't wait to drop this terrible product once I get more money.

I don't get it either. My first Razer naga goes almost 2 years fine before failing. second goes a year. Now I'm lucky to get more than a month out of one before the sensor just stops working

Retired Forum Moderator

Holy shit razer mice are garbage. 80 dollars in price, 80 too much. This thing is like 5 weeks old and it's already failing, just like the last 3, thank god I had it on a warranty from all those years ago and only had to pay it once. Time to go to Best Buy AGAIN and swap it out for a new one. I can't wait to drop this terrible product once I get more money.

I don't get it either. My first Razer naga goes almost 2 years fine before failing. second goes a year. Now I'm lucky to get more than a month out of one before the sensor just stops working

My deathadder has lasted me almost 3 years so far with no apparent issues

My problem with razer is their shitty hardly-functional drivers

the name's riley