Vent

I REALLY wish my parents would stop trying to shove this whole religious thing down my throat. X3 Guys, not gonna happen, sorry! I accept God as being a thing, but I am REALLY not into that whole Church thing. It's extremely boring to me, and it's full of a bunch of extroverts that talk to me when I don't want to be talked to. I thought that me being in Hobart would mean I'd be able to get a day off of going to Church. Apparently not! I ask; "Why do I have to go to Church?"

"To spend time with God!" My mother would reply with. Why the fuck can't I just do that right now? Literally, he is an almighty being that is everywhere, and you're saying I gotta be at Church to do that? He created a universe and you're telling me I have to be at Church to do anything with him? Guys... guys... come on... XD Ugh. Church is so painful. I could be doing so many other things. Something productive like - my homework, or art, or music. I would literally rather just another day of school than have to go to Church. Cause then at least I'd be doing something to further my education and future. I go to Church and they're like; "Feel the holy spirit" and all I feel is the cold fucking air cause you guys didn't turn the friggin heaters on. Holy crap. Never had any spiritual thing going on for me at all, probably never will cause I'm just that type of person, and that's fine by me. X3 I'll just continue being the backseat Christian, thanks.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Join the church of the UshankaCat! We basically just sleep all day.

On a serious note, I completely agree with you. The entire idea of going to church is a bit strange when you think about it.

Hmmm... I agree with you completely...

Church is largely about people with guilty conscience trying to make themselves feel better by paying what they think is a little bribe to their God...

To spend time with God you really don't need a Church or a priest or anything special at all...

Regards

There are those who could give a better answer than me, mainly because they know more than me, but also because they can articulate it better than me. However, it basically boils down to three basic questions:

1.) How's your relationship with your Father?

2.) How well do you want your relationship with your Father to be/How well do you want to know your Father?

3.) What are you willing to do to have your relationship with your Father, the way you want it?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

There are those who could give a better answer than me, mainly because they know more than me, but also because they can articulate it better than me. However, it basically boils down to three basic questions:

1.) How's your relationship with your Father?

2.) How well do you want your relationship with your Father to be/How well do you want to know your Father?

3.) What are you willing to do to have your relationship with your Father, the way you want it?

Also, how much time do you spend with God when you're not in church? I have yet to meet more than a dozen people that weren't consumed with the world when they weren't in church. Church is there for you to be with God without the world interfering, not just to be with God.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I really really don't like doing math, it just doesn't work for me. I failed my second finance exam, and I studied for days and took practice tests too.

And regarding church, I've always thought it was a place for people to be around other like minded people. If you live your life by following the commandments in daily life, places like church can be supplemental in reinforcing faith. It could also be a place to hear stories... If the priest or leader or w/e speaks with enthusiasm and has good way with words, it may be more bearable...

I really really don't like doing math, it just doesn't work for me. I failed my second finance exam, and I studied for days and took practice tests too.

Dem feelz, man. I've often wondered if I'm borderline/undiagnosed dyscalculic (not a typo of dyslexia, before anyone cracks wise ;p) for I still lack competency and confidence with maths. I can fathom the concepts and I'm hardly short of various technological aids or hand-written means of "cheating" arithmetic. When I'm given a little bit of time I can obviously work things out, but I sometimes have to re-check my own calculations twice or more times, even when they turn out to be correct the first time.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Dem feelz, man. I've often wondered if I'm borderline/undiagnosed dyscalculic (not a typo of dyslexia, before anyone cracks wise ;p) for I still lack competency and confidence with maths. I can fathom the concepts and I'm hardly short of various technological aids or hand-written means of "cheating" arithmetic. When I'm given a little bit of time I can obviously work things out, but I sometimes have to re-check my own calculations twice or more times, even when they turn out to be correct the first time.

Are you me?

Are you me?

Depends. Has there been some kind of bizarre accident involving multiplanar versions of ourselves? Unless you were just talking about my similar difficulties with maths, in which case I'm glad you could relate.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I loved doing math and subjects related to it like programming and chemistry. At one point I remember doing several sheets of long division and enjoying the hell out of them.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Are you me?

I'm not alone. :cry:

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

I loved doing math and subjects related to it like programming and chemistry. At one point I remember doing several sheets of long division and enjoying the hell out of them.

+1

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I like doing math as well but due to a 6 year period of unfortunate math classes I'm not particularly good at it.

Retired Forum Moderator

I don't know... I find Church way more distracting than being at home and around my technology. People are distracting... *groans* XD And I dunno. I don't know what I want when it comes to religion. X3 I don't really want any "relationship". Sure, I can be respectful and believe in all that. But I don't really find anything in doing all that Church stuff. Not for me anyway. I can see it makes other people feel good and stuff. But... Ehh, not for me.

OT: Would people stop calling me fucking anti-social? Holy crap. Sorry for not wanting to join your conversation! I was busy drawing and uploading stuff onto my phone. Would you guys just leave me alone? I'm perfectly happy doing my creative stuff. I don't WANT to talk. I don't hate talking. I don't mind it. I just want to do other things and not be distracted by you lot. Ughhh. Introvert problems.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

What the hell internet? It should not take minutes to load a 4 second long video! Hell, when it did load, it was in 144p!

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Working through a job application form. click 'Next'. Receive an error. Cannot navigate back. Have to start again. Paragraphs of thought-out text lost and irrecoverable.

Excuse me while I go and commit an atrocity.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

@Binky: *hug* You poor thing. XD Aww...

-------

It turned out to be a timeout, of course, as I went through it all again, but copied the text to notepad. *Click*. Same result. So a quick paste, and everything was ok. I'm all good now, but it sucks that it wouldn't allow any back navigation. Shitey systems, man.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

The lack of back-navigation is usually for security reasons... Like... Nobody can press 'back' and see the information you typed that could potentially be quite sensitive. But yeah, sucks when it happens. :/

-------