Vent

It turned out to be a timeout, of course, as I went through it all again, but copied the text to notepad. *Click*. Same result. So a quick paste, and everything was ok. I'm all good now, but it sucks that it wouldn't allow any back navigation. Shitey systems, man.

That's very typical of applications... Future reference, either type shorter paragraphs, or use notepad first.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

And save oft- wait that doesn't work in that situation. Well you should still save often....

giphy.gif

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I just accidently stole some cheese. Nice stuff, Blacksticks Blue to be precise. I feel I must emphasize the accidently part of that statement. I finished work about half an hour ago and I had to go through one of those self-service tills to buy my dinner, because the usual ladies I make b-line for at the kiosk weren't there today. I could of swore I scanned the item in question, surely if I hadn't one of those "UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA" blurbs would of sounded out at me for my incompetence.

This is why I don't like adapting to modern technology! Not only does it confuse my caveman sensibilities, it's now made me complicit in a terrible crime!

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

"UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA"

Which one was that - Tesco?

Oh, geez... the designers of that system should be lined up against a wall and shot. Such a big screw-up... Only a few things they've done wrong but, oh dear, that is enough!

This is what you get when you allow a programmer to design a system for normal people without proper supervision... :D

Regards

Could just be Walmart... We get more of those prompts for no apparent reason than there are items scanned here.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Those people who like to talk about how much they have changed from their past selves, but you can really tell they haven't changed at all.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

*Goes to register at a site* - "Email already in use."

*Logins to site* - "Email not found. "

e69.jpg

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

e69.jpg

933885f8dddb7c8bb7aa1ec082fd0e9f.jpg

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

"UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA"

Which one was that - Tesco?

Oh, geez... the designers of that system should be lined up against a wall and shot. Such a big screw-up... Only a few things they've done wrong but, oh dear, that is enough!

This is what you get when you allow a programmer to design a system for normal people without proper supervision... :D

Regards

I certainly need supervision whilst attempting to fanny about with one those infernal machines. It was actually in Asda, I work there you see. I'm actually still quite surprised it happened at all. I usually can't so much as scratch myself without setting one of those alarms off. I never use them at all if it can be helped, but sans any other options that night I was forced to utilize one.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

e69.jpg

i will be using this image in the future thank you

the name's riley

Why the hell is learning to drive from a manual more complex and badly written than it needs to be. "Here is what you need to know by the way we'll talk about this later but mention stuff we left out before oh and we'll also word it almost entirely different enough to be confusing! This is a good way to learn!"

Like seriously, who ever writes New Jersey's drivers manual needs to be fucking fired, hell I'd say ANYONE who had a hand in this atrocity needs to be fired. Even the printing company.

Why the hell is learning to drive from a manual more complex and badly written than it needs to be. "Here is what you need to know by the way we'll talk about this later but mention stuff we left out before oh and we'll also word it almost entirely different enough to be confusing! This is a good way to learn!"

Like seriously, who ever writes New Jersey's drivers manual needs to be fucking fired, hell I'd say ANYONE who had a hand in this atrocity needs to be fired. Even the printing company.

You should hire a Finnish driving instructor. I've heard they actually teach new drivers over there to drive to an almost rallying level of skill, and that it takes a few years of training on icy hinterland roads and night sessions before they even let you apply to pass your tests.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

The problem isn't driving, I can't even do that yet. In America you have to take a test before you can drive. It's usually just 50 questions but in order to take the test you have to read like, a 1000 page manual (at least in New Jersey) which is like trudging through sludge from how badly written it is.

If you're sensitive as all fuck, I recommend not reading the following.

In my Computer Science class, we have just four people. Me, two of my mates, and a mentally disabled person. I don't mean just a simple 'can't concentrate' disability or anything either. I mean he REALLY struggles with just normal day life. My complaint is, as harsh and cold as I sound... Is... I don't think he should be in this class. Why? He is a massive distraction, he is loud, he has an extremely short temper, he complains non-stop and he doesn't understand how to socially behave. I get it, he can't help it. I understand. But... If he's distracting everyone else, and can't help it, I think he should get a more private setting.

Also...

RfkziQ6h.jpg

This happened. He got angry just because the laptops were not in the usual order. Banged on the door SO hard that it was smashed. If he does this ACCIDENTALLY, and does it from just as small of a reason as that, what is going to happen when I accidentally say something that offends him? Like, I'm not usually afraid of people, but this guy SCARES me. But I try to not be rude at the same time. He would throw a fit and I want to move away from him but I fear it'd be rude of me to. I really REALLY don't want to piss this guy off cause he can BREAK me. This is only term 1, already had at least... 1 of his panic attacks every class. I don't know... I get so nervous around him...

He's also very invasive. Randomly gives me hugs, even though I barely know him. I just hold still and freeze up, afraid to say or do anything.

Eesh. /rant over.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

In my Computer Science class, we have just four people. Me, two of my mates, and a mentally disabled person. I don't mean just a simple 'can't concentrate' disability or anything either. I mean he REALLY struggles with just normal day life. My complaint is, as harsh and cold as I sound... Is... I don't think he should be in this class. Why? He is a massive distraction, he is loud, he has an extremely short temper, he complains non-stop and he doesn't understand how to socially behave. I get it, he can't help it. I understand. But... If he's distracting everyone else, and can't help it, I think he should get a more private setting.

Also...

RfkziQ6h.jpg

This happened. He got angry just because the laptops were not in the usual order. Banged on the door SO hard that it was smashed. If he does this ACCIDENTALLY, and does it from just as small of a reason as that, what is going to happen when I accidentally say something that offends him? Like, I'm not usually afraid of people, but this guy SCARES me. But I try to not be rude at the same time. He would throw a fit and I want to move away from him but I fear it'd be rude of me to. I really REALLY don't want to piss this guy off cause he can BREAK me. This is only term 1, already had at least... 1 of his panic attacks every class. I don't know... I get so nervous around him...

He's also very invasive. Randomly gives me hugs, even though I barely know him. I just hold still and freeze up, afraid to say or do anything.

Eesh. /rant over.

Sheesh.Talk about annoyances.

This reminds me of a classmate who has the same problems and is even MORE annoying.

If you wanna talk about it,i'm listening.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Also...

RfkziQ6h.jpg

Eesh. /rant over.

Sheesh.Talk about annoyances.

This reminds me of a classmate who has the same problems and is even MORE annoying.

If you wanna talk about it,i'm listening.

It's one of the ever present pitfalls of living in a (thankfully) progressive world. As awkward and disconcerting having individuals with severe social or learning difficulties can be for anyone present, the alternative is rather morally indefensible. I find it helps if those with the kind of problems you've mentioned have someone familiar at hand to manage their myriad issues, partly as a calming mechanism and partly to compensate for their behavioural conduct. That being said, it's equally indefensible to expect a handful of individuals to take care of vulnerable people, in a sense we are all responsible for their well-being if we want to continue thinking of ourselves as a sophisticated, modern culture. This is an especially pressing matter for the many "abler" people with disabilities. I hate to say it Jeb, but it looks like there isn't a solution to your worries regarding the guy other than to adapt, just embrace the social craziness of the situation. You might want to try talking to some of the teachers if his overt friendliness is making you that uncomfortable.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

the alternative is rather morally indefensible.

There is a line that has to be drawn. And it's perfectly morally defensible too. If the guy is a danger or he disrupts the classes for others - there is no place for him there. It's for his own good as much as for others'

And it seems this person is just too mentally "diverse" to fit.

The teachers need to act here...

Regards

the alternative is rather morally indefensible.

There is a line that has to be drawn. And it's perfectly morally defensible too. If the guy is a danger or he disrupts the classes for others - there is no place for him there. It's for his own good as much as for others'

And it seems this person is just too mentally "diverse" to fit.

The teachers need to act here...

Regards

I agree with your comments about the teacher's responsibility, he sounds as though he needs a higher degree of care than the average person world. But who wants to be the first person the test the bounds of political correctness? Especially in regards to so vulnerable a subject? I think sentiments cited here demonstrate how slippery of a slope the idea of "normality" can be.

I think at this point I need to explain I'm not saying anyone is wrong on the subject or even calling any of you guys out, I think I'm just a little too aware of easily the disabled can be written off. My best friend (a gentleman I've known since nursery) has cerebral palsy and I have several other good acquaintances with various physical disabilities or minor learning difficulties. I guess my camp is pitched on the more left-wing "heal teh world" side of the debate... :P

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Got fired from my 2 jobs because I more or less broke my knee and couldnt walk for 3 days, plus a boss yelling at me over the phone telling me I was fucking this up for everybody since he has no other employes that can take over at the restaurant. Wonder whose fault that was you fucking retard...

Also got kicked out of the house for being "Lazy".

I just worked for 5 weeks straight, every day for ATLEAST 10 hours per day without any break or lunch, and Im fucking lazy? Fuck that.

"Life sucks sober!"

@Doublenature: I'm really sorry to hear about that. :( I hope things get better for you soon.

OT: I HATE most modern showers. Most other houses I've been to have new kind of showers (and for some reason we always choose to buy or rent out the old ones, which is fine by me!!), and every time I have a shower, it's a pain in my ass. UGH. XD Why is there only one tap? I need two!! The problem with one tap, is that you're just relying on whatever bullshit is behind the wall, so you go from... extremely cold, to scolding hot. And I could NOT find the in between this morning. I had a luke-warm shower and it was uncomfortable. Also, why do the shower heads only spray out like... an absolutely tiny cone of water? If I want a shower, I want to be absolutely rained on. I want it to feel like a damn just broke inside my wall.

I don't even care about the pressure of the water. If the majority of my body is getting wet, and it's at the right temperature, that is perfectly fine by me. I would gladly have to continue fixing the old tap of my shower that occasionally falls off, than to deal with the one single new one. Brgghrr, I'm cold. XD

-------