Vent

Mine fail regardless of drivers. both installed and not they function the same when they start to die.

I'm probably just gonna switch over to Logitech or something. Maybe the higher end ones because I'm getting so sick of razer honestly,

Retired Forum Moderator

I mean, you buy razer nowadays you're basically just paying for an overpriced night light

I don't think I'll make the switch any time soon but it seems quality has dropped dramatically since 2013 when I got my mouse

the name's riley

If your mouse is still working then I don't see any reason to switch it, but I do advise against going back to them once it does.

That being said the tracking on my mouse is now completely dead and I'm reduced to using a cheap backup 10$ logitech mouse which, sadly, functions smoother and better.

Retired Forum Moderator

If your mouse is still working then I don't see any reason to switch it, but I do advise against going back to them once it does.

That being said the tracking on my mouse is now completely dead and I'm reduced to using a cheap backup 10$ logitech mouse which, sadly, functions smoother and better.

In my experience with mice, price is rarely an indicator. I've used expensive Razer/Logitech stuff that was no better than cheap mice not even designed for gaming. Right now i'm using a Sharkoon Rush Fireglider which i'm mostly happy with. It took 4 years until the first problems showed up a few days ago. (Mwheel is screwing around sometimes). I'm gonna have to replace it soon.

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutschöne Maid!

Küss mich zum Ruhm, sei mein Geleit!

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutgeiles Biest!

Der Tod ist dein Meister aus Stahl!

My mouse is a $30 Logitech I'm pretty happy with. I'm pretty rough with my mice, and it holds up really well.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Holy shit razer mice are garbage. 80 dollars in price, 80 too much. This thing is like 5 weeks old and it's already failing, just like the last 3, thank god I had it on a warranty from all those years ago and only had to pay it once. Time to go to Best Buy AGAIN and swap it out for a new one. I can't wait to drop this terrible product once I get more money.

I don't get it either. My first Razer naga goes almost 2 years fine before failing. second goes a year. Now I'm lucky to get more than a month out of one before the sensor just stops working

The real villain here is planned obsolescence. Or planned failure. This is the bane of my existence.

I see everything.

I highly recommend Logitech mice... My G700 has lasted through 4+ years of abuse, including a 20lb chunk of steel dropping on it, still fully functional.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I adore my little Logitech mouse. :D And it's so small! Just right for my tiny hand. XD But they're very durable. I've had this mouse for years... And the wireless receiver is so conveniently small, and if you ever want to take the receiver out and take it with you somewhere, there's a small slot inside the mouse where the receiver goes. :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I'm also quite fond of my Logitech mouse, a G400s. Fits the hand, has just the right number of buttons and somehow resists the inevitable accumulation of grime. I've had it for a few years now, and I'm hoping this excellent service will continue well into the future.

I see everything.

I've been using my Razer Taipa for almost two years now.

OT: So at first I thought my computer randomly shutting down issue was with graphics intensive games only (like Arkham Knight), but nope, computer just shut down while watching a video on Youtube.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I've been using my Razer Taipa for almost two years now.

OT: So at first I thought my computer randomly shutting down issue was with graphics intensive games only (like Arkham Knight), but nope, computer just shut down while watching a video on Youtube.

I'm no technician Psychotic Ninja, but given all the stuff you've posted about your computer crashing every five minutes, dare I suggest that it might be broken? :P

But seriously though, is your computer on its last legs due to age or had you acquired recently? If it's the latter you might want to get your money back if you can and find an alternative system.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

From what my dad could tell, I need a higher quality power supply. He was also able to (mostly) fix the problem with my phone. It can charge now, but it's very sensitive when it comes to charging.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I think i just ragequit work. Not as in actually quit my job but i was so annoyed i just left early.

This might be awkward tomorrow.

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutschöne Maid!

Küss mich zum Ruhm, sei mein Geleit!

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutgeiles Biest!

Der Tod ist dein Meister aus Stahl!

I'm worried about my friend back on Arran. He's hit a pretty intense low (I think he's Bipolar), and while it's unlikely he's going to do anything extreme, he's got an arse of a situation. See, when kids on Arran reach his age, the majority of them flee to the mainland for College/University/jobs. He went to Glasgow for a bit a coupla years back, but had a turn and was forced to come back to Arran where he's been since. Most of his friends have left, and naturally don't come back often - they have new lives now. He lives in one of the more remote parts of the island too, so he's both lonely and isolated. Add to that a turbulent family situation, and it's no wonder he feels trapped.

I wish I could do more to help him, but I'm about 200 miles away, and I don't want to jump into the standard slew of reassurances, for fear that he not only won't believe me, but find it patronising. He needs good people around him, but there aren't any - they're all in another part of the country.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

From what my dad could tell, I need a higher quality power supply. He was also able to (mostly) fix the problem with my phone. It can charge now, but it's very sensitive when it comes to charging.

It actually sounds like an overheating issue to me... (the GPU and CPU aren't the only parts of the PC that can overheat, check the motherboard chipset and the PSU temps) Or possibly a corrupted OS file somewhere. (it's extremely unlikely, but check your HDD's S.M.A.R.T. stats to see if your drive is failing)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

He sounds like he knows what he's doing. It must be a relief to know that the computer itself is probably okay, even if you've substituted one problem for another.

I think i just ragequit work. Not as in actually quit my job but i was so annoyed i just left early.

This might be awkward tomorrow.

I don't suppose you work in retail? That latent genocidal hate in your post is strangely familiar! ;p I was nearly sacked from my current employers for telling a manager to "go forth and multiply" after we argued about the arse-about-face style of facilitation by the senior staff, to which he accused me of "internal terrorism". I hope for your sake it pans out well for you. Being in a shit job isn't great, but in this financial climate it's slightly worse not being in a shit job.

I'm worried about my friend back on Arran. He's hit a pretty intense low (I think he's Bipolar), and while it's unlikely he's going to do anything extreme, he's got an arse of a situation. See, when kids on Arran reach his age, the majority of them flee to the mainland for College/University/jobs. He went to Glasgow for a bit a coupla years back, but had a turn and was forced to come back to Arran where he's been since. Most of his friends have left, and naturally don't come back often - they have new lives now. He lives in one of the more remote parts of the island too, so he's both lonely and isolated. Add to that a turbulent family situation, and it's no wonder he feels trapped.

I wish I could do more to help him, but I'm about 200 miles away, and I don't want to jump into the standard slew of reassurances, for fear that he not only won't believe me, but find it patronising. He needs good people around him, but there aren't any - they're all in another part of the country.

I'm sorry to hear that. Being from the Midlands I only have a very abstract concept of the pressures faced by isolated rural communities, it's about as alien to my life experience as the idea of me moving to Papua New Guinea. Living on a island with people you can't relate to must be depressing. I know it isn't much, but could you possibly invite him to sign-up here? I know we can't really be a surrogate circle of friends for the guy but he would at least have someone sympathetic to talk to.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I have lived in remote areas in Russia... but only for a couple of weeks at a time...

The biggest problem there is if hopelessness will set it... If you don't see a future to strive for... The only way out is - drinking yourself into oblivion...

But some people can resist - if you can think and dream, if you can read and you have a thirst for learning things, then even in the remotest part of the world you can remain sane and optimitstic. And these days, with the internet you can even find a human company of likeminded people, regardless of where you physically are...

So - there is no automatic reason for despair there... But... perpaps the man might need a helping hand and some encouragement, if he himself can't see the world in just as bright a clolour...

Regards

Quick vent.

It is fucking okay to not like Caitlyn Jenner. She's a dense, irritating shit who's the centre of her own idiotic little world. She's so detached from reality that she once took a phone call WHILE GIVING A SPEECH, at an awards ceremony. She's stupid, she's incredibly shallow, she's completely removed from the rest of the transgender community, and her being trans does NOT MAKE HER A GOOD PERSON. It is a STRICTLY LATERAL MOVE. I don't understand why people treat her like some kind of messiah just because she used to be a man. She's a bad role model, a terrible person, and hating her with a flaming passion DOES NOT REFLECT ON MY OPINION OF THE FUCKING TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY. It's just my opinion of ONE, SINGULAR person, who is stupid, oblivious, self-centred, ignorant, judgemental, vacuous, histrionic, adds nothing to anything, takes away from everything she's involved in, and just happens to also be transgender, which as far as I'm aware is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to all of her negative attributes.

This is fucking stupid. It really pisses me off when people interpret any negative feelings towards an individual that happens to be a member of a minority as prejudice against that minority, no matter how blatantly unrelated it is. It is patent nonsense to claim that I hate transgendered people because I hate one transgender person for reasons unrelated to gender, especially when I can clearly articulate the ACTUAL REASONS I hate her, which are all about her BEHAVIOUR, not her gender. And it's because of this shit I just had to leave an IRC that I ACTUALLY LIKED because a bunch of SJW's rolled in from Tumbler to attack me, all because I said, and I quote, "Can't we just ignore Caitlyn? She's a pretty shitty person, I'm sure you can find a better trans role model."

Seriously. That's it. That's all I fucking said. Cue fifteen minutes of completely unreasonable SJWs flipping their fucking shit when they don't even know what they're talking about, as they are prone to do, ignoring every word I said when I clarified on the matter that was already crystal clear when we started, as they are also prone to do, and a permanent ban to silence an opinion they intentionally misunderstand, as they are prone to do. Every one of those things is a personal pet peeve of mine.

And so concludes this diatribe. I need some fucking Tylenol.

Quick vent.

It is fucking okay to not like Caitlyn Jenner. She's a dense, irritating shit who's the centre of her own idiotic little world. She's so detached from reality that she once took a phone call WHILE GIVING A SPEECH, at an awards ceremony. She's stupid, she's incredibly shallow, she's completely removed from the rest of the transgender community, and her being trans does NOT MAKE HER A GOOD PERSON. It is a STRICTLY LATERAL MOVE. I don't understand why people treat her like some kind of messiah just because she used to be a man. She's a bad role model, a terrible person, and hating her with a flaming passion DOES NOT REFLECT ON MY OPINION OF THE FUCKING TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY. It's just my opinion of ONE, SINGULAR person, who is stupid, oblivious, self-centred, ignorant, judgemental, vacuous, histrionic, adds nothing to anything, takes away from everything she's involved in, and just happens to also be transgender, which as far as I'm aware is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to all of her negative attributes.

This is fucking stupid. It really pisses me off when people interpret any negative feelings towards an individual that happens to be a member of a minority as prejudice against that minority, no matter how blatantly unrelated it is. It is patent nonsense to claim that I hate transgendered people because I hate one transgender person for reasons unrelated to gender, especially when I can clearly articulate the ACTUAL REASONS I hate her, which are all about her BEHAVIOUR, not her gender. And it's because of this shit I just had to leave an IRC that I ACTUALLY LIKED because a bunch of SJW's rolled in from Tumbler to attack me, all because I said, and I quote, "Can't we just ignore Caitlyn? She's a pretty shitty person, I'm sure you can find a better trans role model."

Seriously. That's it. That's all I fucking said. Cue fifteen minutes of completely unreasonable SJWs flipping their fucking shit when they don't even know what they're talking about, as they are prone to do, ignoring every word I said when I clarified on the matter that was already crystal clear when we started, as they are also prone to do, and a permanent ban to silence an opinion they intentionally misunderstand, as they are prone to do. Every one of those things is a personal pet peeve of mine.

And so concludes this diatribe. I need some fucking Tylenol.

ALL CAPS

Sorry, I couldn't resist! ;p I had to Google who Caitlyn Jenner was to be completely honest, but if I got the gist of your post it sounds like she isn't worth knowing about. I agree that a certain class of liberal, especially Tumblr's community, tend to be haunted by the potential of bigotry even when it isn't present. One of the reasons I try to word my opinions very deliberately when on the site, to avoid the attentions of people who cannot fathom subjectivity.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

The stupid thing is that I thought I WAS wording it very delibrately, and I wasn't even on Tumblr. I was on an IRC, I said they rolled in from Tumblr as an insult.

Caitlyn Jenner is Bruce Jenner from The Kardashians. And no, they're not worth knowing about. And they're a horrible person, but Tumblr decided they were the messiah because they're a celebrity that went trans-gender publicly, and they think that was brave. Truth is, it's extra publicity for Caitlyn (not saying it was a publicity stunt) and she's so far removed from negative consequences as a safe spacer that she risked fuck all by coming out.

And even if it was brave, that doesn't make her a good person. It doesn't make up for how horrible she is, and especially doesn't make up for how badly she treats other trans women, telling them they need to look more feminine, because they're "making people uncomfortable". She doesn't get that not everybody HAS HER FUCKING MONEY, so not everybody can afford all her surgeries, beauty products and fancy clothes, and she's admonishing other trans women for not looking feminine enough when they can't afford it. That's the context this conversation arose in. People were talking about how fucked up it was that she was acting so horribly to other trans women who consider her a role model, my comment should have been clear. It not only not an attack on trans women, but it was in response to an ACTUAL attack on trans women from the individual in question. But the moment I said it, every Tumblr "feminist" lurking in the background jumped down my throat.

Did I mention I was the only CIS male in the chat? Yeah, no fucking coincidence I'm the only one they decided doesn't have the right to an opinion. Because these third-wave "feminists" aren't real feminists, they're misandrists in disguise. A paper-thin disguise that they half the time forget to even wear.