Team Fortress 2

Selling white paint and buying strange minigun. :|

Oh noes, what has this topic turned into!?

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm selling: Nothing.

I'm buying: Nothing.

I'm trading: Nothing.

I own: Almost nothing.

I want: Everything.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I was doing some tests today in various servers. There's about a quarter second lag from when I click to when the gun I'm using fires. It might not seem like a big deal, but when lining up shots on moving targets as sniper, I feel like the delay is making me miss shots.

Anybody else have this problem?

I was doing some tests today in various servers. There's about a quarter second lag from when I click to when the gun I'm using fires. It might not seem like a big deal, but when lining up shots on moving targets as sniper, I feel like the delay is making me miss shots.

Anybody else have this problem?

I get this when I play on far-away servers, say if I play on a US-based server my ping will be around 200 and I'll have a fair bit of lag.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Very cool, ABG. I on the other hand am fist-pumping and going AWWWWW YEEAAAAAH! Because I get to pull an all nite TF2 rampage Sunday. Feel free to add me (Steam name thread) and join me in my galavanting. This should be a good way to cap off the summer.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Very cool, ABG. I on the other hand am fist-pumping and going AWWWWW YEEAAAAAH! Because I get to pull an all nite TF2 rampage Sunday. Feel free to add me (Steam name thread) and join me in my galavanting. This should be a good way to cap off the summer.

That sounds fun, I'll maybe join in.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can not find you on steam D:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think I've been playing too much TF2. I went out to get the newspaper today and I coulda swore I heard a heavy call out for a medic.

Retired Forum Moderator

NEWSPAPER IS SPY!

wait what

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I've been trying a lot to get better as scout. Is it just me or is Scout an extremely underpowered class?

Very low health bar, primary which can only get kills at very close range, well ranged but pretty inaccurate low damage secondary, and a melee.

It just seems like every other class has some unbeatable situation. Pyro can sabotage and get kills and assists from burn damage. Snipers can one shot almost anything with good aim. Heavies can take down a rhino at close range, with little effort or aiming skill. Demoman can stickybomb kill huge groups of enemies. Soldier can spam rockets and take out enemies pretty easily, not to mention crockets. Engineer can take down most classes with a well placed sentry. Spy has backstabbing to 1 shot enemies.

What does Scout have? All I'm saying is that there is no real overpowering or quick kill strategy. It just weakens the class a lot in my eyes. I'd say it would at least stand a chance at being a balanced class if it had the health of Pyro or Demoman.

I've been trying a lot to get better as scout. Is it just me or is Scout an extremely underpowered class?

Very low health bar, primary which can only get kills at very close range, well ranged but pretty inaccurate low damage secondary, and a melee.

It just seems like every other class has some unbeatable situation. Pyro can sabotage and get kills and assists from burn damage. Snipers can one shot almost anything with good aim. Heavies can take down a rhino at close range, with little effort or aiming skill. Demoman can stickybomb kill huge groups of enemies. Soldier can spam rockets and take out enemies pretty easily, not to mention crockets. Engineer can take down most classes with a well placed sentry. Spy has backstabbing to 1 shot enemies.

What does Scout have? All I'm saying is that there is no real overpowering or quick kill strategy. It just weakens the class a lot in my eyes. I'd say it would at least stand a chance at being a balanced class if it had the health of Pyro or Demoman.

You must remember the scout is a team player, probably the best team player of the team (i wonder who will be the first to get this reference), he can capture points twice as fast, move way faster and now triple jump; he is priceless in most games.

And if you think the scout cant score kills just try to flank the enemy team, if they dont see you coming they are as good as dead, also go to the next tf2 meetup and ask alphabetagamma to play with the scout and watch the infinite damage a Force-a-nature scout can do on a server with a small population 8-)

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

You must remember the scout is a team player, probably the best team player of the team (i wonder who will be the first to get this reference), he can capture points twice as fast, move way faster and now triple jump; he is priceless in most games.

And if you think the scout cant score kills just try to flank the enemy team, if they dont see you coming they are as good as dead, also go to the next tf2 meetup and ask alphabetagamma to play with the scout and watch the infinite damage a Force-a-nature scout can do on a server with a small population 8-)

Thanks ;). The scout is all about speed, high damage at close range. I never use the pistol because it's basically worthless (low accuracy low damage). I use the mad milk almost exclusively to avoid after burn damage (which will take out half your health if you use the sandman :( ) so attacking pyros close range is an option. And the sandman for melee which helps against both pyros and heavies (which you should almost never take on by yourself) and making an escape. Avoid heavies and soldier as best as possible (target support classes like the sniper and medic first), go through random routes, never run in a straight line and as idunno...somethingftw said, flanking, along with attacking enemies on their way to the frontline, is the most important part of scout strategy. Oh, and if you're running down a corridor and someone's chasing you almost no matter the class, run away for a bit then, best when you just turn a corner, turn around and ambush them at super close range. Gets 'em every time.

EDIT: Forgot, I use the Force-A-Nature for primary. It's good for causing environmental damage, but in truth the scattergun is the best overall. The only reason I use the Force-A-Nature is because I renamed and re-descripted it to be about ponies :Dhttp://www.tf2items.com/item/390027777

I Got the Shortstop today and had a lot of fun with it. I like it a lot more than the Scattergun. Had a 4 scouts pulling an awesome defense on cpGravel. I found 2 Backburners today... Found a Persian Persuader, a Nessie's Nine Iron, and finally unlocked the Chargin' Targe. Found another flare gun, found a degreaser. Found a Crita-cola. Found a Crate(Yay). And found some Green paint.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

found some Green paint.

I've always wanted to paint my Mann Co. Cap green to look like carnage, one of the best Scouts in the world.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?