FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 35

Head trauma, memory loss, heavy concussion.. I think we'll see some puking before the day is over. I don't think the suit is capable of preventing that from happening.

Freeman is probably not a stranger to those after having been left unconscious in a trash compactor before the resonance cascade.

I also think that having it all come back, probably after something massively dangerous or unbelievable happens, as to incur his inner monologue's rant-phase.

So where are we exactly in the game? Roughly half way? I've never played HL1, so...

Yeah, actually. Almost exactly half way. This is the start of chapter 10, out of 19. Chapter 19 isn't really a chapter, but some before it drag out a bit.

I didn't much like freeman forgetting everything, I'd much prefer him being startled when in the crash compactor, and having some memory of what happened before but it's still a great episode and dont wanna sound all whiny when i said what i said.

oh and the pun is the part where he says: "am i a werewolf?" because it's a reference to the other episode where he howls at the moon me thinks :P

So where are we exactly in the game? Roughly half way? I've never played HL1, so...

We just passed the halfway point. We're starting chapter 10 of 18.

I'm reasonably certain the pun is a quantum physics joke:

I'm not touchin' anything, I'm not gonna be part of the crime scene. That is rule number 1 to staying out of prison... and to making proper measurements on quantum particles.

In quantum physics, observing the event in question causes the waveform to collapse and actually changes the results of the experiment. Like Shcrodinger's Cat - until you open the box and observe, the cat is in a state where it is both alive and dead. Or as the first line ever of The Big Bang Theory describes it:

"SHELDON: If a photon is directed through a plane with two slits in it and either slit is observed, it will not go through both slits. If it's unobserved it will. However, if it's observed after it's left the plane but before it hits its target, it will not have gone through both slits."

Did I get it?

Half of the potential "puns" mentioned in this thread aren't even puns. What are we teaching people nowadays? A pun is a context-based play on words. You know, sort of like a detective saying "something fishy is going on here" to a fish seller who runs a small gambling operation as a side job.

I have to admit that the amnesia approach is a very clever one, especially in context to Freeman's Mind, considering that Freeman lost all of his weapons anyway. Hopefully he regains his memory though it's not necessary in the immediate future.

Head trauma, memory loss, heavy concussion.. I think we'll see some puking before the day is over. I don't think the suit is capable of preventing that from happening.

This is starting to sound like the morning after a hard party.

Oh yeah, that's for sure in case of Freeman :/

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I caught several puns throughout, and there are several people in this forum who, apparently, do not know what a pun is. Wiki has very detailed examples, even spelling it out for you. ;) I'm just teasing, but seriously, some of you don't.

After reading that Ross was giving out fake bonus points, I accepted this as a challenge and looked through things. The best candidate I found was at 3:58 in the video, "A giant bung... I'm not seeing an entrance!" Then, at 6:22, he says, "Ah, this is kinda a crappy entrance, huh?" Then a bit later something about 'bullshit'.

I think this is a brilliant pun, and it's spaced out a bit which, I think, makes people miss it. Unless you're like me and have a superior brain. :P

If it's the one Ross hid, then great! I want my name in the credits of your next video detailing just how awesome I am. :mrgreen: If not, then I'll... I don't know, I'll have to think, but... it'll be something drastic! Either way, it's a pun.

Well Clay got it, though I guess rock bottom counts as well, although I didn't even realize that myself.

I'm noticing the downloadable copy isn't out yet. Can we please have it, I hate Machinima's YouTube uploads. Upscaling to 720p is horrible, especially for a game with such low graphics.

[quote="DaftMink"]I'm noticing the downloadable copy isn't out yet. Can we please have it, I hate Machinima's YouTube uploads. Upscaling to 720p is horrible, especially for a game with such low graphics.[/quote] Unless the movie is actually recorded in a 720p resolution, I see no reason why the YouTube video should be scaled up.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I think he should get his memory back after he exits the waste industry and sees the room full of Hound Eyes "Wait... *shockwaves* "Agh! I remember you!" *shoots* "Damn....what's next, large armored aliens?"

[quote="Twilight-Kun"]I think he should get his memory back after he exits the waste industry and sees the room full of Hound Eyes "Wait... *shockwaves* "Agh! I remember you!" *shoots* "Damn....what's next, large armored aliens?"[/quote] no i think if ross scott will do this *mister freeman u don't rember?* gman *who are u whats going on* freeman *you got hit in the head by....* gman *by who* freeman *by.....* gman *WHO SPIT IT OUT* freeman *MARINES JUST STFU* gman *pistol round goses off* *freeman wakes up where he was* *man now I know what happen last night* freeman *i got drunk and i had this dream...* freeman *marines starts shoting* *nope that was not a dream* freeman