Post what you're doing right now

Sitting here while being really nervous about an over the phone job interview in a couple of hours. It's just a tech support gig, but I'm worried that I'll freeze up when they ask me the typical job interview questions.

It's not even my first job interview and the last one went fine, my brain is just being dumb and I wish it would stop doing that.

Listening to this, and playing STO...

9OPc7MRm4Y8

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Taking a short break from my groups Global Game Jam project. We may not get this nearly as complete as last years but I did manage to work out a very basic randomized level layout using 16x16 unit rooms. Another in our group managed to link up the game to an external website. not much we can do with it yet but the intended idea is to have the spectator have options to mess with the player's progress.

I also haven't slept in a little over 50 hours. aside from food and bathroom breaks I've been typing this whole time. My everything hurts.

Retired Forum Moderator

I think I have food poisoning. It hurts like a bitch. @_@

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

The employer I mentioned in my last post here left me a voice message to call them back. I know that's probably a good sign, but I'm terrified of talking on the phone so right now I'm trying to psyche myself up into calling them. (Now that I think about it, maybe applying for a job where I'd be talking on the phone all day wasn't the best idea.)

The employer I mentioned in my last post here left me a voice message to call them back. I know that's probably a good sign, but I'm terrified of talking on the phone so right now I'm trying to psyche myself up into calling them. (Now that I think about it, maybe applying for a job where I'd be talking on the phone all day wasn't the best idea.)

Haha, I remember when I had to call up my work. I was SO nervous. :3 It's fine though. Just write down what you need to say on a small piece of paper, and say it to them. Write only notes though. Not a whole script. XP It'll stop you forgetting the important stuff you need to ask. You feel more confident too if you're talking off your written work.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Just finished my motorbike ride. Nature is so damn beautiful. @w@ Riding around in the forest, seeing all sorts of stuff like snakes and extraordinary bugs and birds. And then just the amazing feel of driving soooo damn fast. >w< Hehe. I would like to get a motorbike license when I'm in America but like, America isn't Australia. America is bigger, more unsafe and more hazardous. X3 Sorry Americans but it's true.

-------

Technically, Australia has a much lower population density, and more dangerous terrain on average. The US has a few small sections with worse, but the vast majority isn't even close.

OT: Eating taquitos and being awesome.

Technically, Australia has a much lower population density, and more dangerous terrain on average. The US has a few small sections with worse, but the vast majority isn't even close.

OT: Eating taquitos and being awesome.

Why yes, lower population density = less traffic = less uh, car accidents and motor accidents.

X3 I mean, as long as I know how to actually drive a motorbike, rough terrain is nothing. I was on the motorbike here going swishity swoosh around bends and corners with a cliff on one side. Motorbikes are also just really badass.

-------

Thinking of starting a time/date stamped list of all the times my internet decided to not be an internet including recorded hours for each down period, starting with today's issue of DNS server response errors but for only half of the internet. As it stands I could access this site, along with part of the Ludum Dare site, Googles search result page (but none of the results), and a fiction website where I can read any of the stories I can reach but not access the main page itself.

Other than that, eating chips and salsa and the salsa tastes a bit more bitter than I remember.

Retired Forum Moderator

Why yes, lower population density = less traffic = less uh, car accidents and motor accidents.

The thing is, if you're in the US, 90% of those accidents happen in heavy traffic and on major roadways. Very few involve motorcycles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_safety#Accident_rates

You'd have to be very unlucky to be in an accident, unless you are breaking the rules of the road, or drunk. (I think you're both smart and lucky enough to avoid that, even if you do decide to sit in rush hour traffic on your motorcycle)

OT: Reinstalling everything on my phone. Had to completely wipe the phone to unbrick it after a firmware update failed, then force install the update that failed, (had to try 3 different ways before I found one that worked) and now I just finished rooting it again. Now to reinstall all my pirated apps, and emulators. (I know I've lost my save games already)

Being unable to sleep when I need to be up for work in 5 hours. Also getting annoyed with people, but in a way that I can laugh at them rather than get pissed off.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

trying to find a decent hardcore server in BF4 with a sniper limit(it sounds dumb but hardcore in that game seriously needs one or else the game is just ultimately ruined for everyone.)

Not much luck.

Retired Forum Moderator

I made this;

ZP8DOY3.gif

Futurama FTW.

I am also currently trying out Killing Floor with my boyfriend for the first time. X3 It's apparently like Left 4 Dead. We'll see.

-------