Vent

Why would software developers make the download link for their program next to impossible to find on the site?

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Sometimes you need to pretend the insane troll logic doesn't exist so that you can live a happier and less disappointed in all of humanity life.

What dev, and what download? I might be able to tell you why they make it impossible to find.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If your hands are full, using your nose to turn off a lightswitch is (likely unsurprisingly) a rather bad idea.

Also, I think I broke it.

k1zG8CL.png

Here's a little rant towards the hypocrites of every cause ever.

You know what really pisses me off, how so many people on this planet think that because they belong to a repressed group, it bestows upon them some god given right to be an asshole, and the moment you challenge that behavior you are the devil spawn, and -phobic and this and that and SHUT THE FUCK UP THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS. So many people go on demanding unconditional respect and not 2 minutes later say something horrible about other people whether it be racist, sexist, or in some way pertaining to a persons sexual identity or orientation. Of course I'm gonna call you out on that, you're being an asshole!

Here's the simple gist of things. If you want respect. you FUCKING give it. And how fucking dare anyone say "I was born this way, don't you judge me" and then immediately, IN THE SAME FUCKING BREATH, shame the opposite end of something for, what do you know, BEING BORN DIFFERENT. It's like what the hell, do these people even hear themselves? How can you be so blatantly hypocritical and not see it? Also let me mention before I forget, there was also that tumblr user shamed other for not tagging there posts as trigger warnings for suicide, and then not 3 posts later told someone to "Delete yourself" which as far as I'm concerned, is the same as "kill yourself". Way to be the shining example of an exemplary human you fucking idiot.

"You wouldn't understand because you haven't been Oppressed for anything"

Shut up. I was in a homosexual relationship for over a year. My own cousin is homophobic and has given not so subtle hints about his disapproval of that in the past.

"You're being disrespectful right now you know"

Yes I am. Towards the people I gave the benefit of the doubt and was sorely let down by there blatant disrespect they showed to me and the rest of the world. They didn't earn it, so i didn't give it.

In conclusion, I don't care who you are. I don't care if you're male or female, white or PoC, I don't care if you're straight, gay or bisexual, or if you're cisgender or transgender. If you demand respect through the act of disrespect then you do not have me as your ally. I understand the need to fight for your own rights and I sympathize and fully support the causes for equality whether it be racial, sexual, gender or any other kind. But that's just that. EQUALITY. Not "IT'S OUR TURN TO REPRESS SOMEONE." If that's your view, then good luck in life. You do not have my support.

"that would be something you'd say you -phob-"

tumblr_inline_mfwsp8qgPK1r68h3w.gif

Retired Forum Moderator

Well said, Rarity. Innumerable hypocrites and assholes abound, particularly on the internet. I don't support "equality" for any specific group, I support equality and respect for all people. If you fail to give respect, you will lose mine.

Agreed. Most minorities say they want equality, then complain when they don't get preferential treatment. (something that I call people out on right to their face, it royally pisses them off, but they can't win the argument)

I still don't understand how someone can be that fucking stupid. I met a person a while back who said racism towards whites wasn't a thing, and he'd constantly make racist remarks toward white people and Asian people. Like, what the fuck?

the name's riley

I know black people... Hey, now I'm racist too! (this is a quote from a black guy I knew)

Something that's really been bothering me as of lately.

When I was in school, I was fairly badly bullied. I mean shoved into walls and pushed down stairs and called all sorts of things like 'retard' and 'spastic.' (I'm slow and clumsy, so....) The school people just said to ignore it. Ignore being shoved into walls. Good luck with that!

Now a few years after I graduate the school people are making a huge huge deal out of "cyberbullying." The very same person who told me to ignore it is quoted in the newspaper about how horrible it is and how something must be done about it and now they're making all sorts of laws and such. Seriously?

Yeah, so ignore it when you're being shoved around, but the moment its words on a screen its suddenly so terrible. I give up.

Yeah, I got bullied in school too... I was the smallest, youngest, and least likely to back down in my grade... The only reason the bully got away with it was because the principal was afraid the the kid's father (who was the head of the board of director for the district) would fire him if the kid got in trouble. Turns out that when I sent the bully home with cuts and bruises one day, (a new teacher, he let us finish the fight) the father started looking into it, and the principal got fired for NOT reporting on the bullying his kid was doing. (there's a lot more detail to the story, but this is the gist of it)

Cyberbullying is not as big of a problem as physical bullying, but everybody seems to think it's worse than shooting a gun repeatedly at a room full of kids.

I once threw a chair at the bullies. It missed them but it left a dent in the (concrete) wall. I got suspended for two weeks. They left me alone after that.

I once threw a chair at the bullies. It missed them but it left a dent in the (concrete) wall. I got suspended for two weeks. They left me alone after that.

That's actually what my family would always say to me. I got bullied in elementary and junior high because I had some sort of anxiety issue and would very easily get upset. When I got upset, I would cry. So guess what my nickname was? I never was physically bullied, but the teasing and name-calling beat me down a bit. I would complain about it and my family encouraged me to fight back as it would get those kids to stop. I never did, but eventually I was able to ignore the assholes and learned to manage my stress and anxiety.

On occasion I'll still get really upset, but it tends to be more "reasonable" for my age and the situation.

Since my accident (and head injury) a few years ago I'm a bit more even-tempered than I used to be. I can still throw fits though, especially when I'm upset at myself for not remembering things too well anymore or when I can't understand something. And my limitations too. It's pretty much destroyed any chance I have of a 'normal' life what with holding a job and all. :| And then you often see posts online about how people like me with permanent disabilities are just a drain on society, with the occasional nutjob suggesting....well, euthanization, I guess. It can get pretty depressing honestly.

There I go though moping. Bleh.

Since my accident (and head injury) a few years ago I'm a bit more even-tempered than I used to be. I can still throw fits though, especially when I'm upset at myself for not remembering things too well anymore or when I can't understand something. And my limitations too. It's pretty much destroyed any chance I have of a 'normal' life what with holding a job and all. :| And then you often see posts online about how people like me with permanent disabilities are just a drain on society, with the occasional nutjob suggesting....well, euthanization, I guess. It can get pretty depressing honestly.

There I go though moping. Bleh.

It's unfair that the rich can sit around and do nothing in luxury, then people who have become disabled in some way are scoffed at for their legitimate inability to contribute to society in the form of working for shit pay for some corporation with those rich owners.

And then my disability isn't one of those ones thats immediately obvious. I mean I don't need a wheelchair or anything like that. Unless I go spastic and lose control or lose my balance and fall over its hard to tell. That's one of the things that bothers me, when I help my mother run errands I've had older people come right up to me and ask why I'm not holding a job like a proper person. Really rude of them honestly.