Vent

Disabilities are really hard for people most people that don't have one to understand... People even ask why my brother can't hold a job, or manage his own money. (he can't because he can't follow authority due to what he was like when he had his accident, and because money burns holes in his pockets)

If you have another person complain about you being a drain on society, send them my way so I can beat some sense into them.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

On that note: I've had so many people call me a stoner, insist I smoke pot, insult me about my "glazed" eyes, search me for marijuana because I "look" like I'm high (that is NOT probable cause), so on. I got SHOT. I have a BULLET WOUND in my BRAIN. It does weird things when my blood pressure gets too high or low. When it's low, I have a hard time focusing my eyes. That's why they're "glazed", okay? I'm NOT fucking HIGH, leave me the FUCK ALONE.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I've been asked if I was drunk several times between my weird speech and my balance....

Rude people.

Once I was trying to pick up some pencils at a store and the store clerk was being all rude to me about my speech. I put the pencils down and left the lineup and went to the other store that charged a dollar more for them because at least the second store had good customer service.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Some people and their bigotry. (that is really what it is, next time call them out on it)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I've been asked if I was drunk several times between my weird speech and my balance....

Rude people.

Once I was trying to pick up some pencils at a store and the store clerk was being all rude to me about my speech. I put the pencils down and left the lineup and went to the other store that charged a dollar more for them because at least the second store had good customer service.

Ugh that reminds me how the place I work is pushing so hard for us to get "stuff" done, that if I were to accomplish everything they wanted me to in a day, I'd have to avoid, ignore, and/or give shitty information to customers that need help. I'm not down for that at all. There have been occasions where I've helped deaf people and that's always a really nice experience, because while writing down our communication can take some extra time, it's a different experience from helping out other customers. Variety is a good thing, but people just don't seem to realize what kind of issues people might legitimately suffer from.

A lot of humanity stinks.

I want to become a robot.

"Robots are the only friends I need." :)

A lot of humanity stinks.

Thank you.

Why are some people so nosy? Common sense dictates you don't generally ask people questions that escalate in degrees of how personal they are just to see how far you can go before the person being asked finally says, 'Okay, stop. None of this is really any of your business.' I realize some people are genuinely interested in hearing about your life and don't mean anything by it, but this isn't an RPG. You can't click the correct dialogue options to get some length sob story from real people.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

What are you apologizing for? Dun do that. You have nothing to be sorry about.

"Are you on crack?"

"You tweakin' right now?"

"Dude, let me see your pipe."

"We have a report about a suspicious person. Now let us violate your privacy and personal space to confirm that your high energy level is natural, silly behaviour is related to frontal lobe damage, and no cocaine or anything harder than caffeine is on your person."

I can't fucking win, can I? When my blood pressure is too low my cerebellum acts up, my hands shake, my breathing slows, my eyes lose focus and I get lethargic because I'm breathing like a sleeping person, so people think I'm on pot. When my blood pressure is too high, my frontal lobe acts up, so now that my naturally extremely high energy level is back I have a hard time remaining socially aware and do things like tell bad jokes, or long stories, or ramble for long periods, so people think I'm on crack. I need this like I need a hole in the h... Wait a minute...

Man, that sucks. There's nothing that can be done to repair the brain tissue?

And I wouldn't imagine there's any sort of treatment for that. Fuck's sake it's a bullet wound, not a heavily studied disease or something like that. Damn the limits of medical science.

As for getting searched or whatever, couldn't you get a doctor's note or something you can carry around and show people if there's any sort of issue regarding it? It would be good, too, for if there's any major issue and people need to try to help you in regards to it.

No, but I'm still functional. So at least I have that.

That is a plus. Still, next time you see your doctor I'd recommend asking about something like that. A note to carry around because of assholes who make harmful assumptions.

I doubt that would help. People seem to care surprisingly little for documentation nowadays. I have a separate issue where I look really young after I shave, so when I try to, say, but a bottle of mead for my girlfriend, I get the cops called on me because they think my ID is fake. Which, of course, it isn't. And if a state ID identifying my DOB as 12/18/92 doesn't convince people I'm 21, I doubt a doctor's note is going to convince people that I survived a (totally survivable) injury everyone (idiotically) thinks is instant death.

I... What? Seriously? Where do I live? Where does "Seattleite" live? Wow. Just... Wow. I mean, it's IN my handle, you shpuld be able to figure it out.

And I really do look young. Like, 16. And when I have my natural energy, I am too energetic to hold still and act "like an adult", so they get the "teenager" thing lodged in their head before they see my ID. Then they choose their predisposed notion over physical evidence, as people tend to do. They'd do the same with their idiotic idea that gunshot wounds to the head are guaranteed, immediate, instantaneous death, and assume I'm lying about my head wound even with a visible scar and a doctor's note.