Vent

now now, let's not get into a "I have it harder" fight. No one REALLY wants to win those. That's not a happy victory. Everyone in relationships go through some form of hardship, best to just be understanding and supportive, even if silently. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

X3 Wasn't really trying to win anything. Was joking. A lot of people think of long distance relationships as just a 2 hour drive away or something. People I meet usually tilt their head and go; "On the other side of the world!?"

I was just expecting a "wow". Not a paragraph of sadness.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Nah. :3 Long distance relationships are never really easy. You've been in a relationship longer than I have too. X3 But yah, I forgive your pissyness. XP

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Wrong thread, Vapy. XD That'd be better off in the general chat since it sure doesn't look like a vent.

Retired Forum Moderator

Talking about venting, I encountered my first "I hate you so much" customer at KFC. Phew. She forced me to get my manager, as I fleed to the back, almost crying because of how much she was yelling at me for something I didn't understand.

Let me explain because I like venting. In KFC, you get either a combo meal, or a boxed meal. The boxed meal has more in it, thus, obviously it'd be more expensive. Only by $2 though, so it's a bargain really. This couple comes in, the chick telling me what she wants. Started out nice and dandy, a meal, another one. And then she wanted... a combo box meal for the price of a combo meal. I kid you not. She wanted the items from the box meal, into her combo meal, for the price of a combo meal. I had to explain to her over... and over... that's not how it works. You either get the combo meal, or the box meal. But no, she went off her fucking head at me cause she didn't want to pay the extra $2.

But oh no, it gets even worse. My manager comes to save me, thank God, whilst I flee to the back to calm down.

Later I go into the office, manager is in there, and she too is complaining like me, apparently the customer then wanted 3 Wicked wings (3.50) instead of the piece of chicken($3), but wanted to pay it by the piece of chicken price. She wanted to get it 50c cheaper.

And want to know why it pissed me off so much? The customer had $40 in her hand, the total meal price? Only $25.

I wanted to tear my hair out. Note, I didn't provoke her (or at least I don't think I did) to become so angry at me. I was keeping dead calm, saying 'please's and 'sorry's to her repeatedly in a positive attitude. It's only when she left when I blew my shit up the roof.

My coworker walks up to me and goes; "Don't worry about it. They're bogans."

Heh. Cheered me up a little.

-------

Usually when I need to vent, I just go on a nice Rant & Walk.

Basically I go outside and go on a long walk, and the entire way there I just rant and rave about whatever pissed me off enough to make me go on the walk. Usually I feel alot better after walking around the entire neighborhood, but I occasionally get weird looks from my neighbors.

Wrong thread, Vapy. XD That'd be better off in the general chat since it sure doesn't look like a vent.

Yep. Just thought I might lighten up the mood here a bit :-)

Regards

And if you have an avatar from a certain show, people are quick to point it out, hate on it, tell you to kill yourself, etc. even though it has NOTHING to do with the original topic, and they're the ones being childish about it.

That's a thing I didn't even consider.

Oh, and some even worse shit?

There was a massive argument on Israel and its policies on Palestinians. To make the whole thing worse, Holocaust deniers started showing up, then the whole thing turned into a discussion on US foreign policy (the "nuke Mecca and Tehran" crowd showed up then), Then on the Cold War, then denial or glorification of crimes against humanity, etc.

The worst part? This happened on a comments section for a video on Minecraft. Nothing to do with the video itself.

Fucking Jesus tap dancing Christ....

So people flee here from war and then start complaining about where they have to live and that its "a long way to the city" (its about 3 km, take a fucking bus)

If you dont like it, then leave. How can you even complain if you ran from WAR? Every news page keep going: "These people are so badly treated!" No! They're fucking not. I even checked out where they were gonna live, its a house with bunk-beds and a pretty nice kitchen. They also get free food and cash in their pockets.

Stop complaining or go back if its so much fucking better.

"Life sucks sober!"

Been a while since I've used this thread for its intended purpose. Well, here I go.

I swear, if anything would be a driving factor in me moving out, it’d be to escape this atrocious excuse for an internet connection. It’s like we’re paying them to disappoint us.

If Earthlink ever seems like they have a good offer, they’re lying. Find something else. Sorriest excuse for a company I’ve seen in a long time and their customer support is even worse. They should be paying US to tolerate their obscene business practice.

I swear their customer service has found the politest way to tell us to fuck off every time something goes wrong. And what kind of response is “*sigh* Fine, we’ll look into it.” Fuck you, we were being polite about reporting our issue and you respond like we’re the bad guys for making you actually do work? They’re so lucky I’m not the one who controls the internet here else they’d be dropped so fast their collective heads would spin.

banging-head.jpg

Retired Forum Moderator

I swear their customer service has found the politest way to tell us to fuck off every time something goes wrong.

Next time you call, ask for their manager if they even begin to try that. If that doesn't work, ask to speak to the managers manager. If that doesn't work, report them to the BBB.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Never thought i'd post something here, but here goes:

4 years ago, i fell in love with this girl from another class in high school, but i was SO reluctant to ask her out because of my fear of rejection. I meant to confess to her during the prom, but the words never came. After graduating, i regret not having the balls to court her while i have the chance, especially since we're going to college by then. I'd try to chat with her on Facebook once in a while, but it's just so hard for me. I'm not much of a sociable person, nor am i good in communicating though i try to be, especially for her. But sometimes, i get this feeling that i'm just wasting her time whenever i try to talk to her. We did have good conversations sometimes, other times, i'd get thrown in an awkward situation in the chatbox. Nowadays, i stopped trying to talk to her. I just can't do it anymore. She'll be better off some guy better than me i guess.

I'm sorry if this vent of mine became more of a rant. I wanted to get this off my chest for a while

Welp, now what?

psycheplays_the-trouble-with-mmos_meme.png

I mean I do have time, it's just like this: *starts up game, what feels like 2 minutes later* "oh shit, look at the time, I should go to bed so I can get up in time for work".

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

psycheplays_the-trouble-with-mmos_meme.png

I mean I do have time, it's just like this: *starts up game, what feels like 2 minutes later* "oh shit, look at the time, I should go to bed so I can get up in time for work".

+∞

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Look, we close at 9 P.M., so please don't come at Leeann Chin at 8:59, and expect all of the options. Pick something left out, we're busy closing up, or better yet, don't come at 8:59. Also, at 10 P.M., we're closed, the time's on the door, we're not going to feed you, odds are all the food's gone. Go to Taco Bell, Wendys, McDonalds, or some other place that'll still make you food at 10, or eat at home.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA