Vent

The spam bots are now back in our hands thanks to new spam bot prevention measures. For now, anyway.

On a more topic related note, one of the things that tends to irk me in all things in life is 'things doing what they shouldn't be doing for no apparent reason', although this is most related to computer related things, such as things automatically updating when it's supposed to be disabled for them, etc.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Inconsiderate people.

I just want to take a few moments of you guys' time to vent about this.

Why must I be surrounded by people who feel that they're the only ones on this planet? I was in the grocery store today and almost every aisle I went down, someone had their shopping cart parked diagonally to take up the entire aisle...except for a little space that was taken up by their body. Finally, I get to an aisle that has no one in it. I park my shopping cart as close to the side as I can make it and make sure that there's enough space to keep the flow of traffic moving around me. I figure out what purchases I want to make and return to my cart and lo and behold, someone else has parked their shopping cart directly beside mine, creating another roadblock (as it were). What the crap, man? Are they doing this on purpose? This isn't the first time this has happened. It's a recurring theme.

Am I also the only one who feels that the rules of the road should apply when walking in stores, shopping malls or sidewalks? If you drive on the right side of the road, walk on the right side of the hall/aisle/sidewalk. Am I the only one who thinks this way? And, if you're going to be in a large group, why do you feel the need to walk shoulder to shoulder instead of single-file in a busy thoroughfare?

Which brings me to the other side of this coin, which might not win me any favors here, but I need to get it off my chest: LOUD VEHICLES. For crying out loud, you're going shopping, not down the Indy-500 racetrack. You're a soccer-mom, not a NASCAR driver. When riding lawnmowers, big rigs, and buses make less noise than you and I can't even hear my music on my headphones even though they're turned up all the way...are you doing this on purpose to annoy everyone around you? And I know it's not that there's a problem with the vehicle either; I see the two tailpipes or oversized pipes which leads me to believe that your car sounds like this...ON PURPOSE.

You're sharing this planet with millions of other people. Have you ever thought that your actions are affecting other people adversely? Do you even CARE?

Gah...

Okay, I feel better. :)

I never considered giving up on life before age 25 as an option, but apparently I have no choice in the matter now.

I'm sick and tired... of my dead-end meaningless job, of my hypocrite family members, and of everything in this shit-hole town. Every day I have to sit and watch as my window of opportunity to do something with my life closes inch by inch. I have no money, no support, and nothing to fall back on because my dumb ass didn't spend an ass-load of money to go get a worthless degree.

All I want to do with my life is become a professional wrestler. That's it. But I've had the unfortunate luck of being born in a damn tar pit. Anything that happens to fall in here gets stuck and can never leave.

I can't enjoy anything anymore. Yesterday, for instance, I was nothing more than a husk. A mindless shell just going through the motions. I went to work then went to a friend's place, but I wasn't really there for any of it. I just sat there watching everything and had no emotions toward any of it.

If I have a bad day, can I vent about any of it to my family? The one group of people who you'd think would have an open ear about it? No. My mom will just start in with the whole "well you could be at the supermarket pushing carts all day. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT" thing and tell me not to be so negative all the time. Then, less than a week after that, she finds out the food delivery truck will be a day late with her fucking cheese-filled potatoes and she starts throwing a fit... walking around saying "A natural death just takes too long." and then yelling at the dog for shedding. Or she'll come crying to me because she started yet another Facebook argument with yet another family member over shit that is none of her business. If I happen to disagree with her at any point, she starts crying around and yelling and then storms outside to have another fucking cigarette. One time I was trying to have a serious discussion with her about pro wrestling as a goal of mine, and she said "Ugh, why don't you want to be something normal?" Where the hell does she get off telling me that my dreams, my goals, my aspirations aren't normal? Then she asks "Why don't you want to be, like, an x-ray technician? It's what your uncle always wanted to be." That has stuck with me for the last year, and it pisses me off every time I recall it.

I hate my job, and I want to leave it and pursue my dreams... but I have no money to do so... so I have to work at this job I hate. It's a vicious cycle of irritability that just won't end. I can't stand it. I know lots of other people have it worse than me, but that doesn't mean I can't be upset.

Sounds like a psychological issue to me than just mere venting.

Also, the only people you're going to entertain with "pro" wrestling are kids who don't know any better, dumb hicks, and the occasional below-average-IQ channel-surfer. There are exceptions to everything though.

I never pretend to be anyone. One day I decide to act like someone else, no matter if it's real person or not. I'm just become them. Why? I know. It's because everyone who is not me, is better.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

At this point I just can't stand listening to people telling us who to vote for. Nobody is completely trustworthy, and there isn't a single canidate i completely agree with. Politicians don't work for the good of the people anymore. They just mudsling and pander to their rabid bases and cater to private companies. All information must be taken with cynicism, and be checked for bias and reliability. The Republican party seems to be comprised of mental patients and procrastinators and the third parties have a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected. The Democrats seem to be the only stable party but they back down too easily.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

At this point I just can't stand listening to people telling us who to vote for. Nobody is completely trustworthy, and there isn't a single canidate i completely agree with. Politicians don't work for the good of the people anymore. They just mudsling and pander to their rabid bases and cater to private companies. All information must be taken with cynicism, and be checked for bias and reliability. The Republican party seems to be comprised of mental patients and procrastinators and the third parties have a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected. The Democrats seem to be the only stable party but they back down too easily.

They manipulate and lie to us.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Got my replacement license and my dad and I are driving home from the DMV. He starts talking about the van in front of us and how if I hit him I'll probably cause two accidents. I'm trying to fucking drive in dark, rainy weather for the first time ever, so I say okay, rather irritably. He then threatens to punch me, of course. This kind of shit continued through the 15 minute ride home.

When we get home, he asks me to break up some boards in the driveway and throw them in the trash. I do so, except for this white one which must have been plastic, as it bent but would not break. So I go inside after throwing everything out and tell him that the white one was plastic and it wouldn't break, so I threw it out whole. He gets all pissed off and says he told me not to break the white one. I say it isn't broken, and he asks me to bring it there. I do so and he gets pissed off because I bowed it a little bit. I tell him that since he was yelling while I had been driving, I hadn't been listening too well because I was stressed out. He gets pissy and says I should open up my ears and shut my mouth.

Hoping it was over, I grabbed my shit and headed upstairs, but halfway up, my Mom tells me to come down and eat dinner. Having just driven for the first time in a couple months, and it being my first time in the rain at night, I was a little nervous and had that knotted feeling in my stomach (still do). So I tell her I'm not hungry and she warns me that I can't eat for the rest of the night if I don't eat then. I say okay and start back up the stairs. My dad then tells me to get the fuck downstairs and eat. I say "Dad, I'm not hungry and if mom says so, I won't eat until tomorrow." He tells me that if I say it one more time he's going to knock my teeth out.

Parenting, guys. That's how it's done right there...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Then no. That's so dishonorable. If you're going to fight someone, make it fucking clean. But if they've got a gun on me or any sort of lethal force. I'll fucking do everything I can to fucking destroy them.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Foal, your dad would not get along with me since he would realize rather quickly that you can't argue with me. Of course, a fist is a different situation altogether. Though domestic violence is illegal so I could get him with that.

So there's this guy in one of my college's club who's president but has made it clear he doesn't want to be president, and at the end of most of the meetings he would ask if anyone wanted to be instead, and I always raise my hand because I love that club and have been present more often than him, and every time he would ignore me or talk to everyone collectively. I am still trying to find out whether he's a jerk with a heart of gold or an asshole in sheep's clothing.

Today after the club when I'm carrying stuff back down to the office we see he's there, missed the meeting because of work. He tells the treasurer (who is a bit of a dick himself) that he might graduate early, so they need to find a new president soon.

I start pointing at myself exaggeratedly and he turns and stares at me. "I veto that." The treasurer, who is so because it has more power and he is a greedy calculating mean guy, says, "Uh, actually, I veto your veto." I was shocked but happy. The guy then says he can't really veto anyway, and says the president actually doesn't do pretty much anything.

I ask him why he vetoed me and ignored me, and finally he tells me "because you have no backbone."

That's all I get out of him before he changes topics to the club he actually cares about and ignores me completely.

I've been having trouble getting that out of my head, because he does have a point, but at the same time I like being helpful and doing what people ask. At least I finally got an answer.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's just because he's an asshole. You said yourself that the president doesn't really do anything, anyway. What the hell does that mean, 'no backbone'? What, are you going to be getting into serious debates with other club presidents? It's not like anyone else was volunteering (as far as you said) and besides, this is just college. It's not like it's a major decision that will change the course of history.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's just because he's an asshole. You said yourself that the president doesn't really do anything, anyway. What the hell does that mean, 'no backbone'? What, are you going to be getting into serious debates with other club presidents? It's not like anyone else was volunteering (as far as you said) and besides, this is just college. It's not like it's a major decision that will change the course of history.

Thing is, he's not tha bad of a guy. After all, he volunteered as president and ran it when no one else was up for it, and the other club that he runs he cares about fiercely and does it well. Also he's graduating soon, so he's got a that to deal with.

And yes, the way he constantly talks about how useless the position is yet at the same time won't let me do it is rather frustrating. Though he's probably exaggerating or oversimplifying, I know there are responsibilities, and being able to raise your voice or talk to people who don't want to talk to you are things that any leader needs to do.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"