Artists? (Possibly another image heavy topic)

Oh, Jeb, you took my words literally, didn't you - when I said "don't stop"?

I have not yet seen a drawing of yours where you put so much beautiful detail and atmosphere in the background and landscape! It's amazing!

But geez... the Dragoness - even the little green lizard seems paralised with fear of an incoming showdown! And look into her eyes - this does not bode well for the rider at all! Though... am I right in assuming he is not her usual rider, either? Clothes, hair - all unfamiliar... And - he harnessed her, too! Comfy in his high-chair saddled on her back... Is that the way to fly with that beautiful creature? I don't think so... Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't sympathasie with this character... And I don't think muzzling a powerful dragon is going to make him any safer when her patience finally runs out...

But, what a beautiful drawing! Thank you for sharing this...

And the progress shots too - fascinating... You're perfecting your style with every new picture... I cannot keep my eyes off it... Thank you!

Regards

@Psychotic: Paint Tool SAI. Handy little thing. :3 And no, not tablet exclusive. The only thing I dislike about it is that it's hard to do basic geometry. As far as I know, there is no shapes, lines or similar tools. There is no; "your cursor is set at x, y" either, I think. But I could be wrong! So if I'm ever wanting to make a comic, I have to make the lines and base of it in another program.

@Vappy: Not the usual rider, no. And did you know, this is literally the first blonde character I've ever drawn. XD And I think he would have been fine without the saddle, if she didn't have those fins lining her spine. X3 Don't ever muzzle a dragon though, that is a key life lesson! XP Unless you want to be tripped by a tail or stomped on by a heavy paw, no muzzles!!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Thanks Jeb, I'll look into it later. I really want to get back into art, however, as much as I would love to draw on paper, there's so much i hate that comes with it, so going digital is my next best bet. With this comes 2D or 3D art. And 3D art means learning 3DS Max, Blender, or another similar tool, I'd rather look at the other option first, which is 2D art. Now, I've lost my touch, I know I can do great looking art. This is my best work:

vivi_by_p5ychoticninja-d59ybdz.jpg

The thing is, I did that back in 2010, as a high school project. After that, my skill dropped, dramatically. Now? When I try, using something like Illustrator, or on paper, the only thing that comes to mind is cubes, or a scribbled mess that was supposed to be something cool. It sucks what happened to my skill level. I'm not expecting a magic 'fix everything' button or whatever, I just know that a program like Paint Tool SAI will help me out, and get rid of some of the things I hate with drawing on paper.

Then there's 3D art, again. I can do SFM for posing, gifs, animations, etc. However, I suck with lighting/color correction (shading is a problem I have with 2D art, so no surprise there), and I'm limited to what I can do, due to lack of specific models. My options are, learning how, hoping others will make for me, or hire others to make for me.

I feel like I vented this before in the vent thread...

tl;dr edition: I want to get back into art, either 3D or 2D, I have issues with both departments, I can do 3D art using SFM, and I used to be good in 2D.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

And since I absolutely hate Gif's shit quality and FPS, I uploaded a way more detailed version in the form of an mp4 file.

vaux4PKETmk

]

If you'd like me to take a crack at getting a smoother and better quality GIF for you, I can... (GIFs aren't really poor quality unless you use the generic settings that most free tools provide for reduced file size, and framerates on GIFs are adjustable to as high as waytoofast)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

@BTG: Oh, could you please! :D That would be so wonderful. I feel like my avatar is way too small, as in... Crops too much, doesn't show enough. It's also not the same speed which fucks me up too. Though I have no idea how to get it to the way I like, and be under the maximum file size. :/

@Ninja: Wow, that drawing is so cute! :D You should seriously get back into 2D drawing. Just practice a bunch, trace things maybe, and perhaps then you'll get back into the swing of things! Good luck with it all though. ^_^

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

My attempts at putting aesthetics on paper.

nYhwijq.jpg

One of the eyes could do with a bit more work, but meh.

SzzoZ6L.jpg

@BTG: Oh, could you please! :D That would be so wonderful. I feel like my avatar is way too small, as in... Crops too much, doesn't show enough. It's also not the same speed which fucks me up too. Though I have no idea how to get it to the way I like, and be under the maximum file size. :/

https://imgur.com/oKpVGsR

The interesting part is that it condensed down to under 50 total frames, so I didn't have to use any kind of image quality reduction to get it to be well under the forum avatar file size limit. (it's only 37.6KB, and the limit is in the 600's) The biggest drain on GIF size limits is sequentially repeated frames, they increase the file size size of the image without adding any information to the image. (one of the huge benefits of being able to set the frame times in GIF files is being able to get rid of all sequentially repeated frames) The easiest way to shrink the file size after that is to limit the number of colors used, (just the number of them, not what colors are used) which typically reduces the image quality imperceptibly, but if you use one of the free tools it does it in a really bad way. (usually severely reducing quality)

If you want different cropping, I can do it... It's not hard.

Jeb_Avatar.gif.e6f940688b9d6a441a9421c3934347f9.gif

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Holy shit, you are absolutely amazing. Thank you so much! :D I'd say "I owe you" but I don't know what I can do that you can't. :P Thank you very much!! ^_^ This is wonderful. Yay!

-------

I tend to draw quite a bit in class, with some possibly interesting results. They have been saved from the recycling bin.

Melee Weapons

BN1sCjK.jpg

Weapons are so much fun. Here are some of the better ones.

Projectile Weapons

j2O97M3.jpg

More diverse than the previous selection. There were any more. Perhaps I should make 3D models of a few of them...

Combine Robots

T4JERL7.jpg

If the combine focused more on robotics technology and used machines to fight instead of synths, what could some of their robots look like?

Robots

QSQqnOo.jpg

I'm only capable of drawing mechanical things. And I don't know why it's sideways.

The Monstrosity Emerges

avw21EJ.jpg

I made a few more like this, but this one seemed to be the most worthy of display. Sorry it's upside-down.

Something

A022y1F.jpg

This one grabbed many attentions. I wish Imgur told me that it was going to rotate it.

There are many more of these where they came from.

I see everything.

So, I took your suggestion Jeb, and I traced (and then colored) Sunset Shimmer (pony ver.)

Here's the version I traced from:

Sunset_Shimmer.png

and here's my traced version:

sunset_shimmer_trace.png

I messed up on the eyes, but meh.

I'm thinking of changing my avatar to Sunset Shimmer, but I'm not sure if I should do a SFM one, or 2D one. If SFM, it'll have to be her as a human, but if 2D, it can be pony her, or human her.

Back to my "Game Photography" phase with this pic I took from The Sims 3 called: Death's Lullaby

12525328_10204090214415000_2371436105945619328_o.jpg

I kinda wished I submitted this for the Screenshot Contest last time, I think it looks okay.

Welp, now what?

@Scampi: And now... try more shading! :D That'd look cool.

@Psychotic Ninja: Awesome! I feel like you need a lot of patience for retracing. XD If you're not into that stuff.

@SodaPop: It's creepy and I love it!

@AP_Pastor: Wow, that's so cool! Heh, I wonder what skill level of the guitar the Grim Reaper is! :D I love the moon in it too.

OT: Hey guys, I made a plant. XP Cause why not.

springdasher___novaplant_by_jeb_cc-d9p7qeq.png

-------

o7KXLgr.jpg

Zj2cQas.jpg

MAN THE HELMS! DIVE! DIVE!

Edd: You should know better than to eat the camera, Ed. Just think what it can do to your digestive tract!

Ed: Boy, I can't wait to see that part, Double D.

Edd: Yes, well, let's not and say we did, Ed.