Your phobias!

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

the fear of long words

The delicious irony.

I know it! There are lot of long words in german language. Combined into even longer worlds! :(

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Aibohphobia: The fear of palindromes.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

helicopters

Black widow spiders

and needles. I HATE NEEDLES.

I don't mind heights as long as there is handle-bars I can grab onto. :lol:

Wow! I didn't know we had a dam.

**BOOM**

HAD a dam.

Minor agoraphobia. (fear of open, or crowded spaces)

I thoroughly dislike crowds, and staring at a clear sky at night makes me feel a bit like I'm falling into the abyss of stars, so that touches a bit on my bathophobia.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have a deathly fear of being in the middle of the ocean. It's scary stuff.

Thalassophobia I think it is.

Just the thought, you could be simply fishing or on a plane and then suddenly you're in the middle of the sea, no land in sight, you can't see f*ck all underneath you and you have to keep yourself afloat ALL the time. I'd rather be dead honestly. @_@ Rather dead than experience the torture of being lost for most likely a long time until my death.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I don't know the correct terms, but in essence:

-Fear of dolls and mannequins. I can function fine at a department store, but only if I'm with someone.

-Fear of deep, dark water. While I'm fascinated with sea creatures and the ocean, I still have to fight against hyperventilation if I think about being down in the water where the sun doesn't reach.

-INTENSE fear of cockroaches. I had the worst panic attack in years earlier this year when I opened my backpack to find a roach in it.

-INTENSE fear of heights.

Retired Forum Moderator

Oh right. Windows, I fucking hate windows.... (not the OS)

I have this as well. In the daytime, not as much, or if there's other people around. At night or when I'm alone, however? Nope nope nope nope nope.

The exclusion is during the day day, like 10:00-6:00. It's not even there, really. If there's curtains, I'm fine.

A friend of mine has a really nice house. I've housewatched a few times, and those damn windows always get me. No curtains on any of them.

Guest bedroom? Floor to ceiling windows on 3/4 sides of the room, right next to the outside. Also, there's a window in the ceiling, but it's rather small.

Kitchen/back entryway? 2 windows in the ceiling, 2 medium windows up by the sink, and floor to ceiling windows with a sliding glass door in the entryway. Actually, the sink windows have curtains.

Bathroom? Small window!

Living room? Floor to ceiling windows on one side, two large windows by the door, which has a window.

Dining room? Large window!

Hallway? Large window!

Other bathroom? Small window!

2nd floor bathroom? Medium window!

All the bedrooms? 1-2 medium windows!

Walk in closet? Small window!

You literally cannot escape windows in her house. Someone could OD on the amount of windows in that house.

I'm also scared of spiders, but not them biting me or the effects of the bite.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

I have a combination of taphophobia and cleithrophobia. Really, they're a combination of the same thing.

I have a fear that I'll get stuck in a small place where I can't get out and I can't move and I can't call for help. It's not claustrophobia because I'm fine in small enclosed areas. It's just where I know that I wouldn't be able to easily exit that frightens the bejeezus out of me.

I have a combination of taphophobia and cleithrophobia. Really, they're a combination of the same thing.

I have a fear that I'll get stuck in a small place where I can't get out and I can't move and I can't call for help. It's not claustrophobia because I'm fine in small enclosed areas. It's just where I know that I wouldn't be able to easily exit that frightens the bejeezus out of me.

Somewhere like a cave?

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

Somewhere like a cave?

Think more like an air vent or something real compact like that.

Retired Forum Moderator

Somewhere like a cave?

Anywhere that is enclosed to such an extent that I cannot move or call for help. There is a scene in the movie Jumanji that scared the Dickens out of me.

After they release the stampede, an elephant walks on a car, crushing it. There is a person inside the car and the car is being crushed around him. After the stampede leaves, the person is trapped in their crushed car, unable to move or leave.

I was shaking like a leaf at the visuals.

Don't watch Star Trek Deep Space 9, season 5, episode 15 then...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.